“Yum ice cream” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kline's Dairy Bar

Kline's Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Harrisonburg
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: What makes Kline's ice cream so smooth and creamy with an unbelievably delicious taste? It's all in the production method and ingredients. We take the quality of our ice cream very seriously. High quality ingredients and an old fashion ice cream making technique has made Kline's an institution since 1943. Unlike the more popular and profitable soft serve and batch methods of producing ice cream, Kline's employs an almost obsolete process of continuous freeze production. Other methods can yield several times more ice cream because of the air being pumped in during the whipping process. The continuous freeze method used by Kline's, however, does not add extra air to the product. It is a very slow and labor intensive process. Each location makes their own fresh ice cream each morning for the day's sales.
McKinney, Texas
“Yum ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Wow this is the place for soft serve ice cream. Busy but worth it and large portions.

Flavor of the day

Visited April 2013
1 Thank hcrtex

Newport News, Virginia
“Ok ice cream, bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stopped here for milkshakes, only to find that they had 4-5 flavors, and that was it. My banana shake was ok, but the cashier was more interested in slamming her window shut than bothering to ask me if I wanted a receipt, or giving me one. Very short and to the point - not exactly what I expected. Add that to the fact that a Cookout milkshake puts their shakes to shame, and we won't be back for more...

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Wonderful ice cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

The ice cream is out of this world and they have some for your pet also! Be prepaired to pay for it though for it is expensive!

Visited February 2013
Charlotte
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best frozen custarrd”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This place brings me back to my childhood. Always a great frozen treat! Lots of different options with great customer service.

Visited February 2013
Ft Washington
“For Banana Split Fans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was going to get a pineapple shake and the customer in front of me turned away in amazement when he got his small banana split. It was huge! So, I got one and it was chock full of nuts (they didn't skimp) and the vanilla ice cream was absolutely delicious.

I was going to go back later 2 days later on my way out of Harrisonburg but I was too full from other meals. I can't wait to go back and get another one of those banana splits!

Visited January 2013