“Great for the price”

Quality Inn of Harrisonburg
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Clean, furniture could use an upgrade. Our room was older than the photos shown. But overall I was satisfied. There's an outdoor pool, breakfast buffet- which is ok. The staff was nice.

• Stayed: May 2012
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Silver15211,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Jameson Inn Harrisonburg as your hotel during your stay. I appreciate that you took the time to go online and give us a review. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay. I hope to see you again if you are ever back in Harrisonburg.

Thanks,

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Grab your room on hotels.com or travelocity. It was worth the $52 I spent but I would be hard-pressed to pay much more than that.

The front desk clerk was nice enough to put me at the end of the hall when I requested something quiet. Indeed, it was nicely buffered by empty rooms on all sides. I would hate to be near the ice machine or the incessant dinging of the elevator.

The carpet was pretty dingy in the room and the beds are advertised as pillow tops but they are not. The entire hotel is in need of a renovation...peeling wallpaper, water stains, bumpy carpet.

Bright spots: nice big fridge and microwave in the room. The breakfast is pretty good and every employee I encountered was courteous. The hotel is close to all the shops and you can walk to a lot of different restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for something quiet and they will try to help you out.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Dear NewsLynne,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review online about our hotel and thank you for staying with us at the Jameson Inn Harrisonburg. I am glad to hear that the desk clerk was able to put you in a quiet room per your request and that you were happy with the microfridge and breakfast. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thanks,

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We read the reviews of this place after it was chosen for us on Priceline for really cheap and we were a little worried but all for not!
The man at the front desk was really nice to us when we checked in and mentioned that they were booked solid for the night which surprised us for a Wednesday evening. We had a room facing the front on the 2nd floor and loved it! Again after reading other tips we had called and requested a room with a microwave & fridge and our room had everything we had requested just 3 days prior. The room was super clean and cool and didn't have that musty smell you get sometimes in other hotels. This location doesn't get any better; we had a great dinner buffet meal at the WoodGrill which is .2 miles away and then came back to our room for a great night sleep(we didn't have any of the thin wall issues others had mentioned.) For the price we paid this place was a steal! Staff at the front was great and breakfast area (again great for the price,) had bagels, biscuits with gravy, oatmeal, muffins, toast, juices, coffee & 2 waffle machines. Even the cleaning staff let me do late checkout since my husband had a meeting in the late morning.

Room Tip: Room 204 was nice, non-smoking king and it has a fridge and microwave which not all rooms have. It w...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Candicegaud,

Thank you for staying with us at the Jameson Inn Harrisonburg. I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review. We take great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service here at the Jameson Inn. It brings me great joy to hear that we made your stay in Harrisonburg an enjoyable one. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband and I live fairly close by but wanted a little getaway for a night without spending an arm and a leg, so we booked a room at the Jameson. I had secretly wanted to stay there since visiting JMU many years ago and staying next door at the Sleep Inn. (The Jameson's exterior is much classier, reminiscent of a mansion rather than a budget hotel.) The receptionist at the front desk was quite helpful, and the lobby was bright and warm, so I thought we had scored a sweet getaway on a dime.

The elevator was temporarily out of commission, but that didn't bother us as we were on the first floor. What did take me aback was the line in our room where the carpet appeared to have snagged and been ripped up, and the patch in the bathroom door where spackling was poorly filling in a hole created by some elbow or fist. Otherwise, the room was brightly lit and tastefully decorated. Unfortunately, the walls were terribly thin, and our room was at the end of the hallway, next to the stairs and the ice machine. We knew every time the water cycled through the pipes of the machine and every time a disgruntled guest had to haul a heavy suitcase up or down the stairs. We were also privy to an interesting one-sided phone conversation from a guest in the hall, who was possibly waiting for fresh ice, but I won't share the contents here. Breakfast the next morning was simple cold and hot cereals, waffle batter (watch out: one of the timers on the waffle makers was broken and my husband had to eat his rather overdone), muffins, bagels, cheap apple- and orange-flavored drinks, etc.

All in all, when you stay at a budget hotel, you get what you pay for. I wish the fancy name and exterior had meant a higher-quality stay, but I think next time we want a get-away, we'll go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the end of the hall with its stairs and ice machines - unless you like know...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Dear Anne C,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Jameson Inn during your stay in Harrisonburg. Thank you for your time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and please accept my dearest apologies for your unpleasant stay. I regret that your stay was not perfect and would like any opportunity to make it up to you. We take great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service. Once again, I apologize for a less than perfect stay and really appreciate your feedback. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Went to Harrisonburg on business. However, was not very impressed with this hotel. At firstglance, the rooms seem really nice and the staff was great. However, the walls are paper thin and there is so much noise you can't really sleep in this place. I'd try another hotel if you are looking for a good night sleep.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear djdrake12,

I would like thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased that you were happy with our rooms and staff. We take great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service here at the Jameson Inn. I am very sorry to hear that you were unable to have a pleasant night sleep during your stay. Once again, I apologize for a less than perfect stay and really appreciate your feedback. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

This est. was the third on my list as i shopped around for a quiet domicile on my birthday. Marriott's desk clerk that day which was march 14th mind you talked t me in a sny manner so i went across the street to a hotel that had people in it but didnt start buying out rooms till about 12-1 pm ???? then i walked into jameson inn tired irritated and discouraged. I do believe they could feel i was not happy but a couple of kind words a well wished happy birthday and some laughs and i was in one of the most amazing rooms i've ever seen. the whole establishment seemed to be filled with kind people who love to smile and laugh from the managers to the cleaning personel i find this very warming and this is how hospitality should be every where harrisonburg's chapter i wish you the best of luck never change a thing ps i am coming back again and again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Dear cplsydnorusmc,

We take great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service here at the Jameson Inn. It brings me great joy to hear that we made your stay in Harrisonburg an enjoyable one. I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Thank you for wishing us luck and we hope to see you again in the future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I booked this hotel for a one night stay through Priceline. We were very happy with our stay. We had visited the water park at Massanutten, which was only about 15 minutes away. We had a non-smoking room with two double beds. The room was a bit on the small side, but it fit our needs perfectly. I cannot say enough about the cleanliness of the room. The lobby and the breakfast area were also very clean. I did not see the pool area, since it is March it was not open. The staff that we encountered were all very friendly. They allowed us to check in early, and helped us with finding some places that delivered food later in the night. I would reccommend this hotel to travelers looking for a clean, reasonably priced hotel for a few nights.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear mlesznar,

Thank you for staying with us during your stay in Harrisonburg. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. We take great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service here at the Jameson Inn. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Thanks again,