“Clean Hotel, Friendly Staff”

Quality Inn of Harrisonburg
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I booked this hotel for a one night stay through Priceline. We were very happy with our stay. We had visited the water park at Massanutten, which was only about 15 minutes away. We had a non-smoking room with two double beds. The room was a bit on the small side, but it fit our needs perfectly. I cannot say enough about the cleanliness of the room. The lobby and the breakfast area were also very clean. I did not see the pool area, since it is March it was not open. The staff that we encountered were all very friendly. They allowed us to check in early, and helped us with finding some places that delivered food later in the night. I would reccommend this hotel to travelers looking for a clean, reasonably priced hotel for a few nights.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Dear mlesznar,

Thank you for staying with us during your stay in Harrisonburg. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. We take great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service here at the Jameson Inn. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Thanks again,

Isaiah Brown, General Manager

Reviewed February 22, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel because we were traveling with our 5 lb Yorkie and it is a pet-friendly place ($15 per night add'l). Maybe it was because we had the dog and they stuck us in a "dog designated room," but there was a stale, old smell that stuck in my lungs. There were also some unsavory type characters convening in the halls and making noise when we arrived. We didn't feel it was safe for our teenaged children to leave their room unattended. The beds are very firm and feel like they are made from cardboard. The radiator cover was hanging off the unit when we walked in and there was dog hair on the carpet from the last dog that had stayed in the room. We had stayed in another Jameson in Wilmington, NC a few nights prior and had a similar experience. I do not recommend this chain and will not stay in one again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear Roo797,

Thank you for staying with us during your stay in Harrisonburg. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your review and please accept my dearest apologies for your unpleasant stay. We do have several pet designated rooms in the hotel. I am sorry that you had the experience with the odor. The issue has been resolved and I am happy to say the odor has gone away and everything is back to normal. I regret that your stay was not perfect and would like any opportunity to make it up to you. We take great pride in providing clean, comfortable rooms and excellent customer service. I will personally speak to each of our staff members to reinforce our commitment to the standards of Jameson Inns. Once again, I apologize for a less than perfect stay and really appreciate your feedback. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We have stayed in the Jameson Inn several times a year since it opened in Harrisonburg. We have found the staff to be friendly and accomodating. The rooms are clean and well-furnished, although small. The location is in a low-density commercial area of Harrisonburg that is loaded with restaurants and other hotels. JMU is nearby. We usually book this hotel through Priceline, but sometimes through a manager's special (private code) that comes close to matching Priceline. A free breakfast buffet is served, which is typical but moderate in offerings-- waffle, biscuits and gravy, cereals, toast, assorted pastries, a fresh fruit, juices and coffee. There are few extra services with an economy hotel with this class rating. It does offer a free USA Today newspaper and a Business Center in the lobby that has only one computer. It is somewhat slow, but accomplishes the job. There is ample free parking. We enjoy dining at a nearby restaurant called Wood Grill. The buffet meals are of high quality and large selections for about $10.

Room Tip: We like the first floor, especially the rooms in the front of building
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Dear Wlkerns,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you thought our hotel was nice, clean, and accommodating. I totally agree with you when it come to the Wood Grill. Their buffet is outstanding. We look forward to the next time you stay with us and thank you again for choosing us as your hotel during your stay in Harrisonburg.

Thanks again,

Isaiah Brown, General Manager

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Hotel was a nice surprise. We make our reservations through Priceline and you never know what you are going to get til you pull into the parking lot. The desk clerk was very nice and helpful at check in, the rooms were very clean, and the continental breakfast was a plus!

• Stayed: January 2012
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Dear HumanLeague,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay at Jameson Inn, Harrisonburg, VA. I am pleased to hear that you were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed your stay with us here at the Jameson Inn. We look forward to having you as a guest again on a return trip to Harrisonburg and thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Cleanliness in the room should be a priority even in low budget hotel. Perhaps they just need a new vacuum, care with dusting and cleaning in the bathroom. We stayed on Tuesday in room 325 and Sunday in room 302. Same experience in both rooms. It made my stay uncomfortable.
To be fair, we had a better experience one year ago at this location.
For upside of this hotel- Property was easy to find. Easy and convinient parking. The staff was efficent and friendly, The sheets had a fresh scent (room 325 fitted sheet had a big stain, pillows were uncomfortable). Lots of hot water in the shower and the price was affordable. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Any floor except 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LUCKYGIRLX3
Reviewed November 22, 2011

My favorite motels were full on a football weekend, so I gritted my teeth and booked the Jameson. The location is perfect because we could walk to several good chain restaurants, and there is easy access to the road leading to the university as well as to the interstate. Considering the advertised rate was much lower than I am used to paying, I was not expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. The room, while small, was equipped with a microwave, mini-frig and coffee pot. It smelled good; it was clean and well-kept. The grounds were neat. The common area was clean and pleasant. The fall decorations contributed to a homey feel. All in all, it looked like the employees really care about the Jameson Inn. I gave this motel an overall rating of Very Good, but I mean Very Good for a budget-level motel, in that it's Very Good for what it is. (I consider any hotel with free breakfast "budget level" although I don't know that that is an industry distinction.) The breakfast selection was not as varied as the offerings at other similarly priced motels, but it was nice enough. I really liked that the breakfast steward had individually wrapped each muffin, bagel, and bread slice because the breads stayed fresher and I didn't have to wonder how many people had touched it. I would definitely stay at the Jameson again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear Wendymath,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your stay at Jameson Inn, Harrisonburg, VA. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. It is our goal to provide a great experience for all of our guests. We look forward to having you as our guest again on a return trip to Harrisonburg and thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Clean and comfortable. Beds are nice with clean linens and nice pillows. Hotel is well cared for and the staff is nice.

Room Tip: not all rooms have a fridge and microwave- ask if you require one
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
jiharrisonburg, General Manager at Quality Inn of Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Dear MotorGypsy,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you liked our hotel and that you thought the staff was nice. We look forward to the next time you stay with us and thank you again for choosing us as your hotel during your stay in Harrisonburg.