“Okay value, below average breakfast” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn of Harrisonburg

Quality Inn of Harrisonburg
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Springfield, Virginia
“Okay value, below average breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

As reviewers have said elsewhere, the walls are thin and my wife was kept up most of the night by guest noises next door and in the hallway. The continental breakfast was really limited - not even yogurt, hard boiled eggs, or fruit. The juice dispenser did not work. Instead of hot cereal they serve some awful creamy something unknown to a northerner like my myself.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

We stay in Harrisonburg all the time due to our sons college be located there. We have stayed in most of the hotels but, for the money, you can't beat the Jameson. The service is friendly and if you are a repeat customer, they really make you feel at home. The rooms are clean and comfortable with the vanity area being seperate from the shower. This makes for two or more getting ready even easier. I would recommend to anyone to give the Jameson a try.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

Decent quality 2.5 star hotel in a good location. RIght across the street from Texas Roadhouse and just down the block from Chipotle, Panera, Bob Evans, etc. Lest than half a mile from JMU and only a 5 minute drive to downtown Harrisonburg. Breakfast was pretty barren despite being "deluxe" - no eggs, sausages or any kind of protein - just cereal and waffles. Coffee available until noon or so. Safe location, friendly staff. Easy parking access. Pool was closed due to fall season. No indoor hot-tub. Got a great deal on Priceline.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MaKuFL
ap1inc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

Reserved a double...Checked in for family of 4. Only non-smoking available was King w/ no pull-outs or cots. Only other option was a smoking double. I slept w/ a towel over my head to avoid the incessant smoke. I may now have to burn my clothes. Never again!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Harrisonburg hotels

Stafford, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2010

When I arrived at hotel to check in (2PM), there was no one behind the reception desk. I waited approximately 5 minutes until the assistant manager returned, and was greeted with “so do you have a reservation?” Not a hello, not a sorry you had to wait, nothing. She was unable to find my reservation in her system, and after hitting the computer keys for a few more minutes, she acted like it was my fault it wasn’t there and said “so I don’t suppose you have a reservation number?” I produced my computer documents, she said she would copy them and figure it out later, made a new reservation for me, and gave me my key. The first thing I noticed was the amount of dog hair on the lobby floor…seriously LOTS of dog hair. I love dogs…I even have a dog…but GROSS! Got off on the second floor…my daughter looks down and notices lots more DOG hair. Room seems to be nice and clean, until we go to bed, and have to pick the dog hairs out of the sheets…about 10 in all…not a lot but 10 to many. The Sheets on the bed are thread bare and there is no comforter, just a very thin cotton blanket layered between two very thin cotton sheets. There are makeup satins on two of the five pillow cases. The bathroom is very clean, just very worn. The towels are so thin you can literally see through them and there are makeup satins on all of the wash cloths. The air conditioner goes on and off all night about every thirty seconds or so, and there is a spotlight from the front that shines directly in our window. It is also possible to hear our neighbor’s conversations through the wall, and they were not being loud. I had a reservation for two nights and left after one. I did not try the breakfast, even though one is provided, as I wanted to leave as quickly as I could. I chose to sleep on the floor of my daughter’s new apartment over spending another night in this hotel. The front desk staff did not ask why I left early, nor were they any friendlier in the morning than they were the previous afternoon. All in all I would never stay here again, nor would I recommend to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank AFwife87
Roanoke, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

We got this through PRICELINE for $65.00 after tax. Could not have been more pleased for the price. The room was very clean and neat. Nice place would stay again. Staff very friendly too....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

I'm not sure what all the complaints are about on here, but I give this hotel 5 stars! I just travelled up to Harrisonburg with my two children to check out James Madison University and we stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. The staff was very helpful & the young man who was working overnight was extremely knowledgeable about the area.

They have nice sized rooms, a decent pool, small fitness center, and decent wi-fi.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the James Madison area, as you could walk to campus if you wanted to and avoid the traffic!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business