“Outstanding!!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisonburg
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed April 20, 2009

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Harrisonburg and can't begin to compliment this hotel enough! We've stayed at MANY hotels, and this one was the BEST!!! The room was beautifully decorated and huge. The staff was outstanding, and the free hot breakfast had everything you could possibly want...and it was all so delicious. Even the elevator was gorgeously decorated. Don't miss this one. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank desireis19

Reviewed April 6, 2009

The room itself was fine. A little on the dark side, but pretty quiet, especially considering that it directly overlooked a truck stop. The poor rating has to do with the extremely poor customer service I received. Shortly after leaving the hotel I realized I had left my toiletry kit. I know for an absolute fact that I left it hanging on the back of the bathroom door. Despite three separate phone calls to the hotel I never even received the courtesy of a reply call. Everyone who answered the phone just kept saying that they'd check with housekeeping and get back to me. I also witnessed several people with questions/complaints at the front desk and there didn't seem to be much urgency or interest in responding to them.

Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank overnightraveler
Reviewed March 31, 2009

This hotel is conveniently located right off of the highway. Free parking, nice staff, clean room and a better-than-average complimentary breakfast. The hotel photo accurately represents the room.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in mid March. Then hotel was located directly off of a busy road with nearby restaurants and shopping. It was directly next to a truck stop/gas station, which our room overlooked, yet we did not hear any noise during the night from either the road or the truck stop. While the setting was not ideal, the hotel was gorgeous. The dining area had three-story ceiling and lovely furniture--plus the food was great. The morning we were there, they were serving omelets, cinnamon buns, bagels, cereal, muffins, bananas, biscuits, and a few other things. The room was spacious and had very nice, clean bedding. Our room also had a fridge, microwave, desk with chair, and a lounge chair. The bathroom was very clean and spacious and everything was nicely lit and very modernly decorated. The staff was friendly and helpful--they suggested numerous restaurants for us. I was really very surprised at how attractive the hotel was and if I return to Harrisonburg, I wouldn't think twice about booking the Holiday Inn Express again (unless I were to bring my dogs--the one fault is that they do not allow pets).

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SummerLove11
Reviewed February 7, 2009

I can't come up with a real negative for this Hotel. My only slight beef was there were only two electrical outlets by the bed and both were taken. I solved this by moving the Radio to the desk and it was fine as i could still see the time from my bed. No other issues at all.

Everything was top rate (bed, breakfast, cleanliness, staff etc). Management here obviously knows what they are doing. Simply put a newer Holiday Inn Express run as it should be.

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank dlud48
Reviewed November 24, 2008

This hotel was very nice! The rooms are furnished modernly and are comfortable. The complementary breakfast included things like pastries, eggs, breakfast meat, cinnamon buns, fruit, cereal, etc. My only complaint was that you could hear fairly loudly when someone above your room turned on the shower. But other than that, I had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Cuteltlflr
Reviewed November 6, 2008

We stayed here for one night while visiting JMU. Our room was nicely appointed, clean and the staff were very helpful. We did have problems with internet access - is was extremely spotty and slow. Also, the complimentary breakfast held much to be desired. The eggs tasted like they had been cooked wtih salt water - yuk. However, we would definitley stay here again if we come back to the area for a short stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family