“Very nice hotel and excellent staff”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisonburg
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed during a college visit to JMU. The hotel was clean and the staff super friendly and efficient. Our room was very comfortable with 2 queen beds, nice linens and plenty of towels. TV and internet reception was excellent. Breakfast had a broad variety including eggs, biscuits & gravy, a pancake maker plus a small range of pastries, donuts and cereal. A juice machine and coffee rounded things out. Getting to the hotel was easy from I-85, but you did have to make a u-turn to get back to it. The drive to JMU was short. There is a busy truckstop on the south side of the hotel that was active all night, but the sound wasn't intrusive. I'd definitely stay again if we head back that way.

Room Tip: South side rooms overlook an active truckstop, but the noise is minimal
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was not given the credit it deserves. Had I taken some of the other 3-star or below ratings at face value we EOD have missed a great opportunity. Staff was friendly & helpful. Beds comfortable & free breakfast had everything you could want! We will certainly come again!

Stayed: April 2014
Chris W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Winnefwed,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We're so thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at our property and will share it will the entire staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed here on our first night heading to FL. Hotel staff very pleasant. Our room was immaculate and bed was comfortable. We were given a room on the third floor right next to the ice and vending machines. We listened to running water and a fan most of the night. Breakfast in the AM was good, but limited. We arrived at 9:00 am and food and coffee not replenished. A little disappointing!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Marilyn M,

Thank you for your feedback! We take great pride in our property and love hearing from our guests so we can better the experience for everyone. I'm very sorry to hear about your concerns, that's not the experience we wanted you to have while staying with us. We hope to see you at our property again in the future and would love to provide you with the sleep quality you deserve!

Thanks again!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed here to attend the Beef Expo at the fair grounds. The service was great and the hotel was modern, clean and comfortable. This hotel is close to a variety of restaurants and easily accessible from the interstate. It was a great stay and management was a pleasure to work with.

Room Tip: The normal suggestions for any hotel. Rooms near doors and elevators will be noisier than those that...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel is nice, easy to get to and conveniently located right off I-81. The room was clean and decent, however the pull out sofa bed and the fold up rolling bed had mashed and flat mattresses that made them quite uncomfortable. Kids ended up sleeping on the floor.

The Staff was pleasant and attentive to guests, and the breakfast was fairly decent, especially in the context of the value of the cost for one nights stay.

I would go back, but will not get a suite with a fold out bed, just settle for 2 queens next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Chris W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

B3Spooky,

Thank you for this feedback, we appreciate the information and will use it to make some necessary changes. We're glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Thanks!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The room (226) was average. There was several areas where the wallpaper was coming apart. The corners of the furniture were chipped in places. My family and I were in town for a college visit at Bridgewater College. Benjamin checked us in at a rate of 91.00 a night. I was pleased. So much, that I inquired about a second "if needed", his reply, was no problem. Just lets us (the Hotel) know by 11am the next morning. The next morning, I decided that a second night would not be needed and we would head back home after the college visit, so I checked out, paid for my "ONE" night stay ($101.74) and left for a 8:30am Open house. I checked my account the next day only to see two billings of 111.74 to my account. I called and spoke to Anneka, who stated " the extra billing of 111.74 + a 10.00 hold would come off soon". It did not. The total of 223.48 was charged as of 3/4/14. Second Call; Spoke to Jennifer, she reassured me that the Manager, Chris would correct the mistake in the morning. I sure hope so.

Room Tip: do not use room 226.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Rodney J
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I was here for my bday weekend. Very close to a lot of places. About 30 minutes from massanutten. Very affordable. Quite place to stay. Relaxing. ......................................................

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank PauliePop
Chris W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Happy Belated Birthday to you!

Thanks so much for the review, we certainly appreciate your feedback. Please reach out to me the next time you're staying with us as I'd love to thank you in person.