“Tasty gyros, cheap beer”
Review of Dave's Taverna - MOVED

Dave's Taverna
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Stuttgart, Germany
“Tasty gyros, cheap beer”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was a staple when we attended JMU, but we recently went back and took my husband's brother to dinner there. We had eaten lunch at D-Hall, so we weren't really hungry but wanted some delicious gyros. So we were thrilled to see the Mikro Menu with smaller plates. My husband and I each got the Gyro Hor D’oeuvre (1/2 pita) and it was plenty of food for us (with a shared Greek Sampler platter). His brother, the starving college student, ordered a regular gyro platter. We also ordered a pitcher of Natty Light out of nostalgia for the old days...it was listed as $3.75, but when we ordered, the waiter said there was a special-a pitcher for $1 if you bought $10 of food (which we obviously did). Fantastic! The waiter was relatively new, but he was friendly and helpful and quick. I hope we can continue to go back occasionally whenever we get to visit JMU.

• Visited November 2012

Harrisonburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food but lacking hospitality”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

In the few times my friends have dragged me there, the management seems miffed if we stay at our table for more than 30 minutes. If you have a large group, they'll cut you off after one drink. We're talking mid-30's professionals that comprised the group.

Visited September 2012
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Rude manager”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I usually don't do reviews but after speaking to the manager about a mistake on my bill, I feel it necessary to do so. I received my credit card statement and it did not match my bill. More money had been added. When I called to make him aware of the mistake (not even asking for my money back) he was rude and did not apologize but stated he didn't know what I wanted him to do about the situation. Then he hung up on me. Poor service if you ask me! I won't be going back and I'll be sure to tell my friends why! CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS!! It's hard to tell how many other times they have done this.

Fairfax, Virginia
“Great food”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Loved eating on the upstairs, outside patio. The greek salad was amazing and my son demolished his steak and cheese. I'd definitely return!

Chesapeake, VA
“Great Local Restaurant!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Dave's is a great local restaurant to visit when you are in Harrisonburg. The food, prices, and atmosphere are fantastic. You won't be disappointed.