“Best Bagels in town, or just about anywhere”

Mr. J's Bagels & Deli - East Market Street
Ranked #70 of 265 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Egg Everything with spinach parm and an orange juice was my Morning pick me up for the year I lived here. Their sandwiches where also original and delicious. This place was always busy more so on the weekends especially when JMU is in session. A breakfast must in Harrisonburg.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We arrived at a slow time where only a few tables were being occupied.
I went to find a table in the front section by the windows and not one of the tables were clean.
While I was waiting for my bagel to be toasted, someone ordered a bagel and the lady in the back who was preparing the food came out and took the bagel out with her bare hands.
I also observed her going through her purse and touching other things while I was waiting.
I felt that anyone handling the food should be wearing plastic gloves while handling the food.
It really bothered me and took away from feeling safe eating there.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

There are so many choices for bagels. The food is cheap. The food is delicious. I love going in to get a bagel here before work!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Not a fancy restaurant but a clean, friendly bagel shop with a sit down dinning area. The service is quick and efficient. There are about 12--14 different varieties of bagels and a large number of different sandwiches plus a cooler with lots of soft drinks. Can be crowded on weekend mornings when JMU is in full session.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I am from Montreal Quebec and personally prefer Montreal style bagels. However, they are very popular and offer a good selection of bagel sandwiches.