“Excellent place, food, and location”

Stonewall Jackson Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Harrisonburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Fantastic old house, comfortable and clean rooms with all the conveniences but not overly modernized. The best French Toast I have ever had and the bonus of nearby world class Clementines restaurant.
It was a great central location for my whirlwind trip across VA and to my great relief, was easy to access from the highway and find, even in the dark.
We'll be back!

Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Huguenotwriter

Reviewed February 9, 2009

What a GREAT Girl’s Getaway at Stonewall Jackson Inn!

My sister, Mom and I loved our stay at the beautiful, charming Stonewall Jackson Inn.
We had a wonderful visit with my daughter who attends James Madison in town.
She even joined us for the scrumptious “Breakfast to Remember” for a small extra charge in the morning!
Thanks to Wayne, Stonewall Jackson’s Innkeeper and owner for making it a perfect “Girl’s Getaway”! We’ll be back 

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank Freck44
Reviewed February 1, 2009

We've stayed at many of Va.'s B&B's and this was one of our favorites. Just came to the area for snow tubing at nearby Massanutten. We also visited the historic area, which consisted of shops and great restaurants. The Stonewall Jackson was extremely clean(which is a must for me) and the breakfasts were delicious and filling enough to hold us through lunch. We'd highly recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 5michelle
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I was traveling alone from Philadelphia to South Carolina when I ran into icey roads near Harrisonburg and decided to get off the highway. Fortunately for me, I took the first Harrisonburg exit and started watching for hotels. The first one I came to was filled up but they recommended the Stonewall Jackson Inn B&B just down the road. Again - lucky for me. I was greeted at the Inn by the charming owner who made me feel at home right away. When I saw the reasonable rates and the beautifully appointed rooms, I was pretty sure I wanted to stay; however, after he treated me to a cup of hot chocolate while I sat by the fire to thaw out and described the rooms, the ammenities, the breakfast, and offered to go out in the icey conditions to bring in my luggage - well, that sealed the deal. There were several other guests who had taken refuge from the storm - most of them guided to the Inn by their GPS. I joined another person traveling alone to go to dinner at a nearby restaurant (Clementine) - and the food and service were truly outstanding. Back at the Inn for the evening I enjoyed chatting with other travelers, then sat by the fire to finish my book, and eventually sank into the very comfortable bed under luxury sheets - what a treat!. The next morning, I awoke to the smell of coffee brewing and bacon frying. The breakfast was wonderful - joice of juices, delicious coffee, fruit cup, eggs benedict, and mouth watering fried apples - way beyond what I have experienced at other B&B's. I really hated to leave the Stonewall Jackson Inn. I will definitely be back - and will recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay in the Shenandoah Valley.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank marypattycakes
Reviewed January 6, 2009

Enjoyed a two night stay celebrating our anniversary and New Year's Eve. Breakfast was great both days. Looking forward to returning when the weather is warmer and the grounds are green and flowering.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vvvvvvvvTexas
Reviewed December 13, 2008

We enjoyed our stay at the Stonewall Jackson Inn and we would stay there again if we are back in that area. The Inn is in a convenient location with ample parking. Our host was charming and helpful. The room was tastefully decorated and comfortable, and we enjoyed a great breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank Hainaut
Reviewed November 19, 2008

First of all, I must say the Innkeeper, Wayne, is fun, full of character and certainly makes you feel at home, at a good price too! It was very affordable and a great value to say at the least. This is the third B&B I've stayed at and it is hands-down the best. The room was great... the bed was very comfortable and waking up to the "Breakfast to Remember" in the morning was fantastic. We had croissant french toast, "Stonewall" hash, and scrambled eggs - what a great breakfast. Wayne was very helpful and enthusiastic. I'll be sure to come back next time I'm in Harrisonburg.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple