“Reliable chain deli”

McAlister's Deli
Ranked #126 of 263 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is a reliable choice for decent deli food - mostly well-prepared sandwiches. (They tried a pizza entree, which was not successful.) It is bright, lots of windows around. (It's located in a jumble of recently built strip malls - may be a little hard to find for the traveler passing through town.) You place your order at the counter. Staff are courteous and efficient. (No tipping policy.) The food's then delivered to your table. What I've tried has always been good - like French dip, Reuben, a make-up-your-own choice combo. There are also huge stuffed potatoes. (Scrumptious big, fresh, soft cookies for dessert.) The place is clean. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

This is nothing like a NY deli. Food is mediocre at best. Nothing is bad but nothing I've had is good either. Maybe a step above grocery store pre-made sandwiches?

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We've eaten at a McAlister's Deli before, but this was our first visit to this location in Harrisonburg. At McAlister's you go to the counter first, place your order, and they bring your order out to you at your table.

They have their menu easily available online at: http://www.mcalistersdeli.com/storemenus/62084%20MIller%20Group%20Salad%20Menu.pdf

I got a cup of their Country Potato soup, and half a McAlister's club sandwich. My husband got the Savannah chopped salad. Our dinners were served quickly and everything tasted great!

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I would not say that this is a place I like to eat.!. Although the staff and service is very good (thank you all.) It doesn't make up for the fact the food is overpriced and not very delicious. Save yourself some money and go to another one of the many resturants in this town.!.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Visiting our college kid at JMU we were looking for something a little different than the usual burger joints. Discovered this is a great place to eat. The service was absolutely superb and I don't say that often. The baked potato my son had was huge! It tasted terrific and was very filling. I had a roast beef panini with horseradish and although it looked good and the sauce was great, I had a couple big hunks of fat in it, telling me the quality of the meat is not what I usually like. My daughter's four cheese grilled cheese had more bread than cheese. FInally, my husband had a salad and that thing was enormous and filled with high quality ingredients.
We'll definitely be back because they have a great menu selection and overall, it's a good place to eat.