“One of the best Indian Restaurants period” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #15 of 252 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
McLean, Virginia
“One of the best Indian Restaurants period”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We visited this restaurant by mistake and it was a great discovery, the very attentive owner took care of us and the food and service is truly was shines whereas the decor is very basic. The place is very clean. Suggestion to the owners to offer something else beside purified water as some of us truly want the mineral water.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Des Moines, Iowa
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I ate at Taste of India While traveling on vacation. The food was the best Indian food we have ever eaten! Very high quality ingredients, fresh tasting, and just the right spice level. The hostess and waitress were charming and helpful in explaining various dishes. Wish Taste of India was in our hometown!

• Visited May 2012
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Great Indian food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Visited Taste of India for their lunch buffet on Saturday. Great little place! Food was delicious! I can't tell you if it was authentic or not, but friends say it is. Our kids loved it! It was about $10 for adults, but it was totally worth it! We will return!

• Visited April 2012
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Absolutely Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Taste of India is absolutely superb.

My wife and I are big fans of Indian cuisine, and we've sampled the fare at nearly all of the state's Indian restaurants, especially those in Charlottesville. We also regularly eat at Indian restaurants in DC and in NYC.

None of them rise to the level of Taste of India. We can hardly believe our good luck that the owners picked Harrisonburg and Staunton (of all places!) to settle down. There is some remarkable magic worked in the kitchens of Taste of India, the result of the very high standards set by the owners and passed on to the younger members of their extended family.

I strongly encourage readers to visit. We shake our heads in disbelief at our good fortune every time we dine at Taste of India.

Visited April 2012
Deer Park, Illinois
“Good food & great service. Gem in Harrisonburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I travel a lot and usually visit an Indian restaurant at some point during my stay. I was really disappointed to hear initially that there were no Indian options in Harrisonburg, but a client told me about Taste of India.

I went on a Monday to find out that this is the only day they are closed. However, the next day I went and really enjoyed the dishes we ordered. Our small group ordered Tikki Masala, Pistachio Chicken Korma, and the Mutter Paneer, which were all very good. We ordered them "medium" spicy and I wish we had ordered them "hot", as they were a bit more mild then I’m used to getting when ordering “medium” and I'm not one that has to have it really spicy.

The service was really nice (i.e., friendly and fast). We will be back to enjoy their food again.

• Visited March 2012