“Best Pizza in the Burg”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Elkton, Virginia, USA
“Best Pizza in the Burg”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This is the closest thing you can get to NY pizza in the area. Good crisp, yet chewy crust....tasty toppings. Yumm

Visited June 2012
2 Thank greenvet2

Helena, Alabama
“A nice accident”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

In Harrisonburg on way to D.C. and parked at WalMart. Restaurant across parking lot and thought we would give it a try. Sign outside said "Voted best pizza in Harrisonburg last three years." Easy to understand why.

Husband and I over-ordered. We took another meal home after we ate all we could. Portions are very large.

He had Caesar Salad ($3.95) and I the Caprese ($5.99). Both were very large. I asked and boxed half of mine before I began to eat it. Described in menu as "spring mix, tomato, onions, black olives, mushrooms and mozzarella balls." Disappointed the mushrooms were not fresh but canned (?), otherwise enjoyed it.

For entrees, hubby had Seafood Marinara Fra Diavolo ($11.95) which had shrimp, scallops and mussels. It was spicy hot to me, but that is what he likes.

I ordered the vegetarian pizza, 12", ($11.45) which came with green peppers, mushrooms (again, not fresh), onions, black olives and broccoli. It was a very good pizza - but not the best veggie I have had. They do have pizza by the slice at the front which I somehow overlooked coming in. The Mediterranean looked fantastic - artichokes, feta, olives, basil, and other things. By the slice which is quite large, $2.99.

Our server was attentive and pleasant.

I would recommend if you are in Harrisonburg and in the mood for very good Italian.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank NetaVee
“A Good Italian Find”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Very good pizza, informal but inviting atmosphere, cheerful attentive service with very reasonable prices. We'll likely return when we're in the area again.

3 Thank Carver32
Grottoes, Virginia
“The Best...”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

...Pizza joint in the 'burg! Always fresh, oooey, goooey, cheesy pizza.

Visited March 2012
4 Thank LOVINITNOW
Roanoke, Virginia
“Best NY Pizza around!”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I am originally from Harrisonburg and have been to many other NY Style Pizza places and no one can touch this place. Every time I am in town, this is one of my first stops. They have the friendliest staff and the best food. I love their cheese pizza, it is the perfect amount of sauce, grease and cheese. The garlic knots and pepperoni bites are amazing. I love the spinach and pepperoni rolls. It's as close as you get to an authentic NY Style Pizza!

• Visited March 2012