“Best Food Around”

Oriental Cafe
Ranked #40 of 280 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My granddaughter had been wanting Oriental food for days. I read that this was the best place around and we were not disappointed. She got to have here sushi made just the way she wanted it. We all had more than we could eat. My cashew shrimp was light and wonderful? My husband got a malaysian dish, I forgot the name, that he gets every chance he can, and said it was wonderful also. My other granddaughter enjoyed her wonton soup and crab volcano sushi. The girls shared some pork dumplings, I forgot their name also. They said they were great. All in all it was a very nice experience. The staff was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I have had the sushi. Very good. Hot and sour soup one of the best ever. I have also had chow fun, crispy beef and a few other dishes and all have been very good and at a good price for this quality of food. The only dish I will avoid in the future so far is the Tempura Honey Shrimp. The menu says shrimp in a lite tempura batter but it was anything but light. The only way I could eat the dish was to remove the coating. But aside from that the staff is pleasant and efficient. I will go again often.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant is not usually crowded, has very friendly service and really good lunch specials. Give it a try!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I regularly visit Oriental Cafe on the weekends. We drive about 40 minutes to Harrisonburg, and I have to say that our experiences have been well beyond what I would consider "worth it". We would drive over an hour, if we had to, to come enjoy the lovely food, staff, and atmosphere. The employees are very friendly and accommodating. Orders are always artfully prepared with unmatched presentation and detail. The sushi is easliy the best I've had anywhere in the state. The entrees are perfectly portioned and everything is fresh and delicious. All staff are very punctual and they will even recommend items from the menu, based on what part of asia the head-chef-of-the-night comes from (they are experts in asian cuisine from singapore to tokyo and everywhere in between, and often employ very skilled cooks and chefs from many parts of asia). I have yet to notice an american employee, yet all of the service staff are very conversational and friendly, and have no trouble engaging a customer with fluently spoken english. I also often notice a lot of asian patronage, which speaks volumes to the quality and authenticity of the food. All-in-all I would reccomend this restaurant to anyone in the area searching for an affordable and delicious meal accompanied by flawless service, or anyone who has an affinity for fine authentic asian food done the RIGHT way! Five stars.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a late Sunday eve meal here--ended up with a great deal due to late night happy hour pricing 8:30-10:30. We tried their sushi rolls, edamame, spring rolls and lo mein. All very good. Not the best lo mein we've had but very tasty. Sushi was good too. There were many students here so they told us the sushi would take a bit because of the other tables ordering first, but overall it took just about 20 minutes and so we had some appetizers while we waited. Most of what we ordered was 1/2 price and wine and beer discounted as well.