“Cute little place for good food!”
Review of Oriental Cafe

Oriental Cafe
Ranked #57 of 260 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
“Cute little place for good food!”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I enjoyed this place Alot the food has an authentic flavor to it that really can't be beat!! If u are looking for a good meal/good Chinese food then this is the plae for you!! The staff is very kind and caring!! Have fun at this little jewel!! :)

God Bless

• Visited February 2011

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Awesome”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We did takeout from here on News Years Eve and the food was amazing. I had Chicken with Broccoli and my daughter had lo mein ( she ordered vegetable but he gave us Chicken-only down side). We also had the vietnamise spring rolls and crab stuffed wontons which both were amazing. Price wise is a little more pricey than some Chinese restaraunt but the variety is so great. I have never eaten inside but the atmosphere is chic. The manager even gave us a discount of 50% off one entree because I cut a coupon out and it had expired.

• Visited December 2011
New York City, New York
“Great selection, great flaor”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The food was very good, the service was fine. It's a restaurant that lacks atmosphere in strip mall with fairly bright lighting, but if you want takeout or a quick tasty meal, this is a good bet for asian fare.

Visited December 2011
“Best in town.”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Awesome place never too busy. Eat there a few times a month. Always great food and fast. Sushi is best in tow.

Western Maryland
“Asian food a cut above”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

After having been disappointed by Asian food in many Harrisonburg-area restaurants (with the exception of a Vietnamese restaurant just recently closed) I was very pleased to discover Oriental Cafe. The hospitality and service were good and upbeat, though the ambiance was modest. I did not have a reservation, but it was not a problem even though they were fairly busy. They offer an interesting range of Chinese dishes as well as sushi. I went straight Chinese and was quite pleased with each of three courses. The hot and sour soup was as good as any I've had anywhere, zesty flavor and fine ingredients with a good variety of textures and served piping hot. Next, crispy eggplant. This was a bit heavily battered and the sauce was a little sweet for my taste (I favor salty and spicy) but it was delightful. My main course was pepper pork. The dish was surprising and delicious. Tender strips of pork had been stir-fried with sweet and hot peppers and black beans, very tasty and with definite heat and minimal sauce; this was presented beautifully inside a fringe of broccoli florettes steamed just right, al dente. I am sorry not to get to the area more often because I would like very much to explore this restaurant's menu further.

• Visited October 2011