“Best burgers” 4 of 5 bubbles

Jack Brown's Beer & burger Joint
Ranked #2 of 252 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Aaron@jackbrownsjoint.com is the owners email address.
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Best burgers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

After living in the Harrisonburg area for 4 years during my time in college - I definitely miss this place now that I am no longer in the area. Therefore I make it a point to stop here whenever I am in town. I was here this past weekend and stopped in on Saturday night around 8:30. There was a decent sized crowd, we put our name on the waiting list for a table. We only had to wait about 10 minutes or so. The only downside to this place is that it is so small. We had to sit outside and it was pretty chilly. However they did have heaters going and provided blankets at the tables.

This place has some of the best burgers I have ever had. They have several specialty burgers that you would be hard-pressed to come by anywhere else. My favorite is the Elvis burger - a patty with cheese, bacon, mayo and peanut butter. It sounds awful but it tastes amazing. They also have a really unique sauce they serve with their fries which is also really good. If you like beer, this is definitely the place to go, with multiple options for whatever style of beer you like. Service wasn't as fast as I was hoping it would be but our server was very knowledgeable and friendly and she did a great job for the amount of tables she had to handle. Can't say enough good things about this place! I will make sure I come back here again the next time I am in the area.

• Visited October 2013

Murfreesboro, TN
“Best Burgers in Virginia!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hole in the wall with limited seating with seasonal outdoor seating but you are going for the BURGERS! There is a special everyday and we were there on a Thursday so we had the jalepeno and philly cream cheese burger. It is beyond tasty even though I rarely eat burgers. Coupled with good service, this place cannot be beat!

• Visited October 2012
Washington DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth Getting Off of I-81”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We love this place and always stop on the way to and from the Homestead resort. It's a good stopping point on our way to and from DC. The burger tastes like real beef and the hot dog is pretty tasty too! The food is always fresh and hot. The service is very friendly and fast. It can be a challenge getting a seat, but we try to plan our arrival around 11 am when it opens. Try it -- you will like it!

Mercer Island, Washington
“Yummy in a small college town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I had the burger with the cream cheese and pickled jalapeño peppers. It was a small burger but very filling, given the cheese. Tasty! Fries were good and the brown-spiced mayonnaise to dip then in was perfect.

Looking forward to going back next time in town!

Concord, North Carolina
“Burger and Fries, Please”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Leaving the resort are three places to visit, Jack's Burger and Beer is a good old fashion grilled burgers and fries with options / specials that you can add. We got regular and cheese burger with fries and a cold drink. Open seating and server was friendly. Plenty of beverage and nice place, so stop in,