“Burger and Fries, Please”

Jack Brown's Beer & burger Joint
Ranked #4 of 280 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Aaron@jackbrownsjoint.com is the owners email address.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Leaving the resort are three places to visit, Jack's Burger and Beer is a good old fashion grilled burgers and fries with options / specials that you can add. We got regular and cheese burger with fries and a cold drink. Open seating and server was friendly. Plenty of beverage and nice place, so stop in,

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I ordered a hot dog and sweet potato french fries along with some beer. My hot dog was nothing special, just a hot dog and the sweet potato fries were mostly burnt. I did enjoy the mayo that came with the fries.

I will probably not be back to this restaurant if ever back in Harrisonburg.

1  Thank MrsFalcon926
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Love the specialty burgers! Large selection of bottled beer. Outside isn't scenic, but it is fun, great place to run into people you know.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

FIRST, know that this is a bar. It is a very, very, very small space. The inside has seating for maybe 12 at the bar and 1 table that would seat 5? There are some tables outside, but not many of those either. The decor is BAR. A suspended wagon wheel with bras hanging all over it---unusual. Huge choice of beers---lots! I guess I'm saying it isn't the kind of place I would bring a young family. But, let's talk burgers. I will say that the burgers are very good. The meat has not been overly handled, which makes a burger too dense and tough. The burgers are juicy and not especially seasoned which lets the meat shine on its own merit. I had the "Greg Brady" which was a burger topped with mac & cheese and BBQ potato chips. It was a really nice burger. I liked the meshing of the flavors and crunch of the potato chips on it. I found the size to be perfect. It was satisfying without leaving me stuffed. My 2 friends had cheeseburgers and enjoyed them as well. We split an order of crinkle cut sweet potato fries among the 3 of us. If I had been with my husband, it would have been enough for the 2 of us to share. They came hot and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Delicious. The service was friendly and we enjoyed sitting outside on a beautiful day. I thought the price was reasonable. The burgers were less than $5 each. I'll be going back to try some of their other unique burgers and I'd recommend this place. If you come during the school year, just know there will be lots and lots of college students here.

1  Thank imatbobs
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We actually ate at their newer place they've opened right on Spotswood Trail in Elkton, VA very close to the entrance to Massanutten Resort. This is a small building with outdoor seating and hard to find if you don't know it's there. Once found though it's worth it as the burgers were great. We had a variety of burgers. Each day they have special burgers to go along with their regular menu. The day we were there it was a Hawaiian burger that was awesome. Ham, cheese and Pineapple on a burger. Great combination. We also tried the Chiflet burger, Jack on a Piggy back, The Elvis and The Shocker. Loved them all. The fries were nice, hot and crisp. The only thing is the burgers aren't large so if you have a big appetite you'll probably want two. Service was great and if they weather is right you'll enjoy the mountain air while eating.