“Good burger”

Jack Brown's Beer & burger Joint
Ranked #3 of 253 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Aaron@jackbrownsjoint.com is the owners email address.
Fairfax, Virginia
“Good burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went with the special of the day which had bleu cheese and bacon and was delicious. Service was a bit slow, but I'd eat there again.

Visited October 2012

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Great Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The burger was very good but the fries could use some work. We had the Black and Blue burger and we recommend it. Oh, before you leave get a fried Oreo it sounds weird but its awesome.

• Visited May 2012
Amherst, Ohio
“fantastic burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Walked to this "joint" on the recommendation of our B&B hostess and it was great. Love being able to get out of the car and not have to drive somewhere else. Burgers were fantastic - Kobe beef. Had my wine in a water glass, but since it is a beer joint, it was okay with me - at least they had wine.

Visited September 2012
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Quite small, and quaint, but a fun bar nonetheless”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Burgers are small, but very tasty (probably means very unhealty?), also the deep fried oreos are worth tasting (yumm).

I'm not a beer drinker, so I am not their target client, but they do have several beers, and a beer club, with plaques on the walls for those troopers who have drank a LOT of beer there.

Visited June 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
“GREAT Burgers, BIG bottle selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This bar is TINY. We walked in on the Sunday night before Labor Day...it was full and loud. So, we checked in with the bar tender and went out onto the patio. It was quieter and we got to hear snippets of conversation from undergrads. Gems that you are only naive enough to say before you hit "real life":
"I used to be quite an intellectual when I was younger."
"Knitting is very transcendent for me."
"I love him so much, and I know he loves me, but he's actually IN LOVE with Kevin. And Kevin's really cute, so I can understand why...."
"My ideal evening is curled up in my pajamas watching a documentary with a cup of tea...or getting drunk and then drinking some more."

All that aside. We each had a cheeseburger with fries. Perfect. The buns are buttered and grilled on the flat-top. The beef is Idaho-grown Kobe in 1/4 lb patties, cooked on the flat-top to maintain flavor. The cheese is American. Together, it achieves cheeseburger nirvana. Fries are krinkle-cut. Be sure to round out your meal with a deep-fried Oreo (tastes like a funnel cake wrapped around an Oreo) and a couple of beers. We had 2 stouts. Nice selection of bottles from the USA and around the world, only 3 drafts.

Service was REALLY good here. Friendly, on top of things, efficient, and this was especially impressive considering how busy the place was. Very highly recommend this place for a burger.

Visited September 2012