“Fleeing Hurricane Irene With My Daughter and 2 Granddaughters”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisonburg
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
“Fleeing Hurricane Irene With My Daughter and 2 Granddaughters”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My husband and I stay in Marriotts a lot BUT this Fairfield was EXCEPTIONAL! ALL the employees....front desk, housekeeping and the ladies at breakfast went out of their way to be so nice. It is a GREAT town also ! Living in a hotel with a 7 month old and a 3 1/2 year old could have been exhausting for my daughter and I BUT the employees here made our stay very comfortable! I would go back anytime !!!

Room Tip: We had a king bed, pull out sofa and they profided a pack-n-play ! Huge bathroom! Also loaned us a D...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We did not have a reservation but were totally exhausted from traveling that day. The hotel desk staff was courteous, professional and friendly even when we presented a Room Saver coupon. The room was clean, pleasing and very comfortable. Internet service perfect. Nice area to explore. Staff was helpful with dinner suggestions. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area. Love Marriot's for their consistent standards.

2 Thank TigerLily1010
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I recently blocked out a series of rooms at this hotel for my wedding and the staff was great and I found them very accomodating. They even facilitated the rental of a van to transport some of the guest to the reception! The hotel is around a year old so the room and lobbies are in good shape eventhough it is a little more expensive than the near by courtyard I would say it is the better of the two hotels. You arent going to find any swang hotel in harrisonburgh so for the area this is a solid hotel.

2 Thank tman034
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our stay at the Fairfield Inn in Harrisonburg VA was excellent. Very nice front desk staff made the stay even better. We stayed in 2 rooms that connected inside. One room was a King Suite and the other was a King Room. I would stay again and highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank jbrese
Kolding, Denmark
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Passed through Harrisonburg by coincidence and booked at this hotel. It is new, clean and very practical for families with breakfast and pool.
We can only recommend it - you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank REXERA
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I hate to be critical of this hotel since we stayed for free because of the rewards. But since we had just stayed in another Fairfiled Inn that was built around the same time as this one and both were new, this one did not meet up to our expectations. We used the exercise room in both places and where the other one was neat and clean, this one had an over flowing trash can, no water, no towels, no wipes to clean the machines (sweat drops were all over the machines) and the tvs on the walking machines were not able to pick up the channels that the large tv did. The bathrooms that were located next to the exercise room were not clean the morning we were there. A wet towel was on the floor under the sink. This is the first time we have stayed in a hotel in recent years that did not have a hair dryer in the bathroom. By accident we found one in a cloth bag in the dresser drawer. It was a very hot day when we checked in and the room had a bad musty smell..

Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This hotel is modern and comfortable, clean, free in room internet access, friendly staff just about everything that you need. The one thing that lets it down in my opinion is its complimentary breakfast. I think if you are going to offer this then you should do a good job of it. The cereal choice was poor; there was no bread to toast; muffins were only sweet, no blueberry; the scrabbled eggs were not fresh but pre cooked chilled (I saw them being taken into the kitchen). The following day I stayed in the Hampton Inn at Celebrate, Fredericksburg, a similar standard of hotel whose complmentary breakfast was far superior and I paid a lot less to stay. This was my first stay at a Fairfield Inn and I enjoyed it, however it is a let down to leave feeling hungry. Would I return? Probably not, for less money I would hope to get a decent breakfast.