“There are a few LJSs. This is not one of them!”
Review of Long John Silver's - CLOSED

Long John Silver's
“There are a few LJSs. This is not one of them!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Craving some seafood one night so I pulled off the Interstate and found this store. It was 9:30pm and all the chairs were up on the tables (they had just mopped the floors), but I saw three people sitting at a table so I tried the door.

Had to wait several minutes for the woman at the counter to finish counting her cash drawer. She finally took my order but had me pay the drive thru lady. By the way, the whole place stinks of grease, and the grease smoke is thick in there!

She told me I had 17 minutes to eat inside. I ordered butterfly shrimp (12) and an order of Lobster Bites. When they finally were served, the new cook (who told the boss she didn't know how to cook those!) had definitely overdone it! I looked at the $11 burnt offering in front of me and decided to eat it anyway. You'd be surprised what cocktail sauce can overpower! Of course they forgot to bring me water (which I'd asked for twice). Anyway, make the short trip up the street to Red Lobster and just save yourself the grief. This place should be condemned! There are holes in the seat cushions covered with duct tape! LJS should inspect stores like this and shut them down. The service was also substandard, although it was the end of their day. Very disappointing!

1 Thank BobbyLoves2Travel

Virginia USA
“Fast food fish - that's it”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I guess if you've been to one Long John's, you know what to expect. This is it, now, for fast food fish in H'burg. (Captain D's, across the highway, sadly is gone - they had much better fish and fixings.) I don't find the service pleasant or friendly, as others report - it's glum and unhelpful. I recently went to try the new thick cod, seen on TV ads. It's good - the best fish I've had here. (Everything - fried, fried, fried.) Hushpuppies and fries are average. Prices are what you'd expect. This eating place is getting a little down-at-the-heels - patched seats, scruffy walls, and I'm not sure about the overall cleanliness. But for a quick, decent fish basket or plate (I've never tried chicken or anything else), it's OK.

• Visited March 2012
Highland, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good fast food fish”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Great service with a smile. The food is good...like every Long John Silver's.

Visited February 2012
“A good restaurant on a budget”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Myself and my wife always have a hard time deciding what to get here the food is always hot and the staff are always kind great atmosphere if your passing thru and on a budget this makes a great stop

Fort Defiance, Virginia, United States
“fast food”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

fast food what more can you say good location easy in and out

Visited February 2012