“Interesting Building”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Union Station

Union Station
Ranked #12 of 252 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Interesting Building”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband loves trains, so of course we had to go there. I thought the food was just average. My husband had pulled pork and fries which he said was good. He doesn't like slaw so he asked they not bring it with the meal. I had a vegetarian quesadilla. I found it just ok. Didn't like the smoky salsa that was served with it at all. I ended up eating the middle out of the quesadilla and leaving the tortilla. The service was very good. My husband and I both had upset stomachs that afternoon - can't say if it was the food or a virus but it did taint our feelings about the restaurant.

1 Thank Tennie S

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Bar manager had a horrible attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Bar manager was very rude and acted immature. It's ashame Bc nice atmosphere. Food wasn't very good either...hopefully they pick up the slack

5 Thank Jonnesaw
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Historic building, decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Union Station is located in the historic Whetsel Seed warehouse. The renovations keep the character of the original building with exposed brick walls, wonderful old wood floors, high ceilings, and the original freight elevator. The parking lot is small and fills up quickly. Union Station keeps a number of interesting beers on tap, some of them by local brewers, and has a wide selection of bottled beers as well. FYI, Sunday is happy hour all day in the bar, and beers and drinks are discounted along with a happy hour menu - but this is just in the bar!

A group of about 20 of us arrived without warning. They sat us quickly and accommodated us with no problems as the group continued to grow. All the employees were helpful, cheerful, enthusiastic, and really nice. Plates of warm pumpernickel buns appeared magically all up and down the table. All the servings were generous. I had the steak and cheese sandwich which was served on a ciabata bun and arrived with steak cut sweet potato fries and a huge dill pickle spear. The fries were excellent, the pickle disappeared instantly, and the sandwich was quite good. The steak was shaved and cooked just right. The bun was fresh. Over all, very enjoyable! My husband ordered the fish and chips platter which arrived with three large pieces of fried fish, steak cut french fries, and the pickle. The fish was just barely overcooked - one minute less in the fryer and it would have been perfect. The fries were excellent. We would definitely plan to return - perhaps making a point to go on a Sunday and try the happy hour menu in the bar!

Harrisonburg, VA
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our company has hosted a few events here and they have one of the nicest private rooms in the area. The food is delicious and the service is great! I can't say much more about them other than if you are visiting the area and debating whether you should dine here--don't debate, just go!

• Visited January 2014
“A solid spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is one of my favorite places in Harrisonburg's thriving downtown. I've eaten many meals here and also am a regular for happy hour. All the dishes I have tried have been good—maybe my favorite is the roasted meatballs, or maybe the smoked sausage. The staff are well-trained and friendly. And I love it that they (almost always) have Jefferson Reserve on tap.

• Visited February 2014