“Great BBQ”
Review of Union Station

Union Station
Ranked #19 of 281 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The restaurant is a restored building. They did an excellent job. The menu has something for everyone. My husband and I both got the BBQ which was the best we ever had. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank Beth B

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly to tired tourists who gobbled up the half price appetizers. Each dish had a distinctive chef's touch. Loved the cannonball buger & the chorizo nachos. Would go back in a heartbeat.

2  Thank Michael C
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and i stopped in Harrisonburg VA overnight during a long car trip.
The hotel clerk recommeded Union station for dinner.
The setting in an old warehouse type building is interesting but the food was only average.
We both had hamburgers which are hard to do poorly. They were good but not great.
Wine prices are reasonable and the choices were adequate.
Service was very good but the place was not busy at all.
Parking is quite convenient as there is a large lot adjacent to the building.

1  Thank raddiz
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stopped by here on a trip home. The Hotel recommended this place and not knowing any better we went there. From the start it did not go well with just the little things like asking for a booth instead of a table and being turned down even though several were available.
Finally we got down to ordering an appetizer and the meals. The appetizer was a red pepper and basil dip and quite good, but I ran out of drink and even with setting the empty glass on the edge of the table did not give the wait staff the hint. I basically had to tackle the staff to get a refill.
It got worse, I was served the swordfish with broccoli, unfortunately I expected to have swordfish with green beans as was specified on the menu. When I told the waiter this I was told, "Nope it comes with broccoli". I told him that I don't like broccoli I would like to have green beans. Eventually I got them but had to wait.
Now while the appetizer was pretty good the main meal was lacking. The swordfish was overcooked and the beans were over salted.
Then I got the bill and they had the audacity to charge me extra for the green beans. I had to double check the menu to make sure that I was correct and I was. I finally had to get the manager to correct the issue which he did.
Through the whole night we felt as if we were a hindrance for the wait staff, No smiles, No thank you's and a condescending attitude.
We had lunch at Chick-fil-a earlier in the day and got better service and food.

4  Thank alfadrvr
Reviewed August 16, 2013

While passing through Harrisonburg we were ready for lunch and went straight to Trip Advisor for a recommendation. This was a great find! The food was excellent as was the service. The prices were very reasonable for such quality food. The atmosphere felt elegant yet it was somewhat casual as well. A nice mix. I had the prime rib sandwich with onion rings and side salad. The onion rings were amazing. My husband had the special "fried pickle burger" - a burger with bacon, Swiss cheese, fried pickles and ranch sauce. It was cooked to order and looked really good.