“Great food, attentive owner”

A Bowl of Good Cafe'
Ranked #33 of 260 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Smithfield, Virginia
“Great food, attentive owner”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

While touring Harrisonburg, Virginia my husband and I decided to try this gem of a place. We went there during the lunch rush and ordered at the counter. The line was long but moved very fast as the staff was prepared. We ordered the spaghetti and meatballs that came with a fresh slice of wheat bread. The favor of the sauce was great! We met in line the owner's husband that had brought a friend to the restaurant. He suggested several dishes and was very jolly and friendly. We left our name so they could call us up when our food was ready. We found a table and waited just a short time for our food. However, the owner's husband was very attentive and came to our table from his and asked what we had ordered and when up to check on it. He personally brought it to our table and asked if we would like extra or a dessert on the house as he felt we had waited too long. We were tired and hungry and were very impressed by his attention to good customer service. I also noticed that he cleared the dirty dish dispense area on a regular basis and he even took our dishes away. The place was packed and everyone's food looked as good as ours. We did not have to wait long for such a busy place as our food was coming up when he went up to the counter but the personal touch was appreciated. I would go back to this place in a heart beat! Good food, good service and a kind and attentive owner and family. This business is a success in my book!!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank JLDC

Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
“International fresh flavors at great prices!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Delicious and different foods that are served in a friendly environment. Ask for a taste of anything you are sure about and you will be accommodated. They serve many locally sourced foods and always have great, fair-trade coffee. This is a business with a conscience!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Kathy W
Harrisonburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality foods”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

If you looking for the familiar foods - burgers etc - this is not likely the place for you. Much of there food is locally sourced and internationally influenced. Soups, sandwiches and salads with seasonings that reflect various ethnic influences.

Visited August 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great food!!!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I recommend the Milipia with the jalepeno sauce. Great healthy option in Harrisonburg. The decide is great goes with their whole local vibe.

Richmond, Virginia
“A good find”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was looking for a place that my daughter would like, as a new freshman at JMU. I went by myself to explore, as she had two tests and I was returning home after taking her back to school. It was very good, has lots of choices. Different international bowls from Mexican to Asian to Indian and more. I loved the cold one called the Bangkok Bowl. It was Thai, with chicken rice, Asian slaw, cucumbers, peanuts and a delicious sauce. They offer breakfast bowls that sound delicious with local eggs. They are farm to table, which is also great. It is a little off the main road, back in a strip mall by a Food Lion, but worth finding.

• Visited October 2013