“Great atmosphere, people, and food”

A Bowl of Good Cafe'
Ranked #33 of 268 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Wasn't sure what to expect at first as it's kid of tucked away from most of Harrisonburg's restaurant corridor. I was also a little thrown off by the unfamiliarity of the menu items. I am sure glad that I took the chance to visit as the food was terrific!!! I recommend this to anyone looking for a good meal with wholesome ingredients at a great price!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Sandwiches, salads and specials with a lean towards natural, local and healthy with a big dose of we should learn to live on the planet together. Lots of rice, beans and other good stuff and I am a confirmed carnivore. Last visit was a hunk of tasty from scratch pizza and a small Greek salad. Keep it up! Good job!
Counter service only across from EMU

Reviewed July 19, 2011

This restaurant is one of the best in Harrisonburg. They use yummy local ingredients (when possible) and offer a very unique menu. The atmosphere is relaxed but really beautiful. Take-out from ABOG is great but better yet to dine in and enjoy the beautiful color scheme and décor. This is a great place to bring children. There's an interior door (which is always open) leading directly into Artisans' Hope store--definitely check that out while you're there!

1  Thank meljoy_11
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The food here is delicious, healthy, and creative. A lot of the food is local and fresh, seasoned with an international twist. My personal favorite is the #6 - Tom Kha Gai - a Thai coconut and chicken soup served over rice, topped with cilantro and a lime slice. Comfort food at its best!! The service is great - the staff helpful, friendly, and always ready to answer questions or tell about their product. It's also very quick - if you are in a real hurry, you can grab a sandwich, wrap, or salad from the grab and go section, or if you have a few minutes, the meals in a bowl are ready very quickly. I highly recommend this cafe!!

Reviewed July 19, 2011

My husband was working in Harrisonburg, about 2 hours from where we live, so my little one & I joined him there for a few nights. I'm allergic to wheat (and I'm a "locavore" as much as I can be!) and A Bowl of Good was just the ticket. We went for dinner, and it was great. Affordable, friendly and DELICIOUS! A just-right portion, and oh, happy night - they had freshly made chai! It was fabulous. From what I understand, the menu changes regularly, which I think is great. A very earthy, healthy kind of place (LOVE that) but I would be completely confident in offering this as an option to anyone that likes GOOD food... all the wonderful steps ABOG takes to serve local, organic, etc are a huge bonus! I was so impressed with the food perspective of Harrisonburg anyway, and I think ABOG is a shining example of what food should look like. Local, seasonal, YUM! (And very gluten free friendly!)