“Best Italian since New York!”

Vito's Italian Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Vito's Italian Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 262 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Vito's Italian Kitchen is a family friendly Italian restaurant with pizza, pasta, sandwiches, salads, chicken, veal, seafood, and more! We offer over 16 beers on tap, a wide variety of Italian wines, a beautiful outdoor dining space, private room, catering and lots of specials and events. We hope you will bring your family to dine with ours! Grazie!
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I got to go here after the owner of Corgans' up the street recommended it for a couple little guys I babysit for on weekends. I'm relatively new to the area and live off port republic. I was going into downtown when I'd go out to eat and didn't know about this place. I took the kids to Vitos on Saturday and had great food and a really fun time. Plus, it didn't cost that much! Great prices and really good food.

I had the Brant (I think). A great sandwich that I'd order again. The two brothers I watch, got a stromboli... it was big enough for ten of them I bet. It was delicious and I think it's safe to say I don't need to go back to New York to find great Italian.

There are newer reviews for Vito's Italian Kitchen

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great place. The only problem here was trying to choose what to order from a menu where practically everything sounds, and from what I could see coming to other tables, looks delicious! This time we decided on pizza and were not disappointed. We will plan to go back try many other dishes!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My family visited this restaurant during our recent trip to Massanutten. The food was very good, though I felt it was very heavy! Heavy to where you could only eat so much. I tried everyone's dishes and flavors were really wonderful. Pizza was excellent . Prices were fair for what you get and portions were appropriate. Service was excellent.
My only complaint is I ordered a Caesar salad and the Parmesan was that horrible powdered stuff. Frankly I have no idea why a "good" restaurant would do this. Really that's just unacceptable. Anyway, they still got a four star rating. Could have gotten five.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We came here as a starving family and we all left full and happy. The atmosphere is relaxed but not too loud and the bread basket is yummy. The kids enjoyed the flour dough they were given to play with. The half salad was almost big enough for a meal on its own. The place was full for Saturday night but we did not have to wait long for a table. We're so happy we came here. We will definitely want to come back next time we are in the area.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were visiting JMU, and found this place tucked in a strip mall. The service staff was wonderful, but mentioned they were adjusting to the crowds brought on by the positive responses from Trip Advisor! It was very crowded, so we opted to sit at a table (there are only 2) in the tiny bar area. My husband's shrimp scampi had perfectly done shrimp. Perfect. It is rare the shrimp isn't overcooked in this dish. The eggplant parm was like nana's, light but rich, with a touch of nutmeg? Delicious, including the sauce. The only issue with this dish was the slice of mozzerella on top was not melted enough and was very chewy (I just removed it). My daughter had the fettucine alfredo with chicken, served with bits of tasty chicken. The alfredo wasn't the best I've had (yes, I had to taste everything), but she enjoyed it. The garlic knots (free, served with sauce) are a nice touch, but the ones we received were underdone and doughy (probably due to the crowds, I'm sure they are usually fine). I hope the popularity of this little gem of a place doesn't affect the quality of the food. A definite recommend.