“Was OK”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We decided to go Mexican. the restaurant was nice but I did not enjoy my food. I got a chicken burrito. It just was OK not my usual I was use to. It is an OK place but next time I think I would choose something else.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have visited this restaurant every time we went through Harrisonburg..... awesome food and great service

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I lived in the Valley area for a few years, and Jalisco was one of my favorite spots to meet up with friends for lunch or dinner. Now that I've moved away I miss them! I was recently in Harrisonburg for a short visit, so I made sure to schedule a lunch date there. They use fresh herbs and veggies in their dishes so it's not your typical Mexican restaurant fare. Although I'm an onminvore, many of my friends are vegetarian, and they always order good stuff. My favorite dish is the shrimp quesadilla, which is amazing. During my last visit I also got their seafood soup which was just delicious. The service is friendly and prompt, and while they are a little roundabout to get to, they are worth it.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Trust me if you're looking for Mexican food in Harrisonburg, this is the best place...very friendly service, best salsa around and good food. Super affordable as well!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

A little off the major roads, Jalisco is probably best known to Harrisonburg, VA locals. We arrived a little after dark and had trouble spotting the sign from the road. The restaurant is located on the end of a strip mall on Neff Road, behind Valley Mall (just off 33).

Outside, the restaurant looks deceptively small, but inside is quite spacious and filled with Mexican themed decor.

The menu was extensive, with the usual Mexican combo offerings as well as a few upscale dishes. Entrees average about $8 each. I enjoyed the Deluxe Burrito and a regular Margarita. Chips are served with the meal and include a nicely textured, spicy salsa. A white slaw like dip was also offered with the chips which we found quite tasty.

Our total bill, including tax and drinks was around $25 for two. This was a great restaurant, and I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank NLKelly_10