“All The Comforts of Home”

Residence Inn Harrisonburg
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I visited Harrisonburg to go skiing at Massanutten. We stayed the first night in a hotel at Massanutten, which was awful. The second night, we stayed at the Residence Inn - what a big difference!

This place was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed in a room with a bed, sitting area with fold out couch, kitchen with stainless steel fridge and dishwasher, granite countertops, microwave, toaster, and stove. Everything was like brand new and very comfortable. We didn't get to visit the pool or gym, but the buffet breakfast was delicious.

We definitely plan to stay there the next time we are in Harrisonburg. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good night's sleep with all the amenities and comforts of home.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed for two nights on our six week driving holiday. We had a horrendous 10 hour drive down from New York in terrible driving conditions. We found this hotel very easily ,good parking and a very good welcome.
I had spoken to a lady by the lovely name of Savannah who worked in sales about an issue I had over room pricing. I had booked and prepaid my room 4 months in advance,the room rates had changed and not in my favor.
After a little emailing to and fro we managed to sort this problem out in my favor and I thank her for that.

We had a room up grade to a suite which was very good. These rooms seem to be on corners and near the stairs which was good.

The breakfast was typical of this type of hotel and as I had been on the road many weeks I have stopped worrying about the breakfast lay out in each hotel. This was quite good with helpful staff.

Easy to drive out to the lovely mountains,there is a very good cinema just across the road. There are also some restaurants near by I have written separately on these.

All in all a good stay and I would recommend this hotel .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alexanderSpain
carolinedickensGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hello! We appreciate you taking time to write a review. I was glad Savanna was able to assist you in getting you the correct rate and that you found our accommodations satisfactory. If we can be of any assistance to you in the future, please let us know. Take care!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at the Harrisonburg, VA Residence Inn this past weekend and have to say we were VERY VERY impressed with the property. I always note in my reviews that we are ACCOMMODATION SNOBS - we expect the best and don't mind paying for it. We didn't have to pay for it this time though - GREAT rates and fantastic clean, updated, sparkling property. Great gym, full kitchen and enough room for everyone. Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
carolinedickensGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thanks for taking time yesterday to post a review for us. We look forward to hosting you in the future and will do everything we can to impress you again!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were visiting JMU and doing some hiking in Shenandoah National Park. This hotel was convenient to both locations and there were lots of restaurants close by. The room was spacious for our family of three, clean & reasonably priced.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Hello IAmAdventurous! Thanks for the review. I’m glad you found our location convenient and the room spacious for your family. Keep warm in NY!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I recently stay at this property five nights between Christmas and New Years 2013. The hotel was definitely book and very busy which concerned me at first, I was skeptical to what type of service we would receive. I was pleasantly surprised! Our room (1 BR suite) was wonderfully laid out, decorated nicely, exceptionally clean, and well stocked. Upon check-in, Sharon went to great lengths to ensure we had a quiet room location. During our stay there were several times I had to request different things and all staff went over and beyond to see we were satisfied promptly. I will absolutely stay at this property again. This is a well manages and ran Residence Inn!!

Room Tip: If the hotel is very busy ask to be located near the stairs. You don't get the hall traffic nois...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
carolinedickensGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Hello! I loved reading your review you recently posted for us. Sharon works so hard and truly takes interest in each guest’s satisfaction. I’m so glad you had the opportunity to meet her. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

On our trips north, we tend to stay in Harrisonburg as a convenient waypoint. This was our first stay at a Residence Inn and we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, the furniture, the overall cleanliness, the double room bathroom and the friendly staff.

I would highly recommend this Inn. Not only was it reasonably priced ($122.98) but the complimentary breakfast was pretty good. The room contained a desk and chair, a couch, an easy chair with footrest and coffee table, a large flat screen TV and a table with two chairs. It also had a large refer, a welcomed addition.

The bed was quite comfortable. If I had one complaint: the bathroom outer room did not have a door. Not a big deal if your travelling companion and you are on the same schedule.

I certainly recommend this motel when visiting Harrisonburg, VA.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello! Thanks for the great Tripadvisor review. Residence Inn is such a great brand and I’m so glad you have now had the chance to experience what we are all about. We are certainly glad that our location is convenient and hope that means we will see you again. Take care!

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights here recently and had a wonderful stay. The room was great, staff very helpful and always responsive and we spent one day at the water park in massanutten with our toddler and had a great time (although the watermark is expensive)

• Stayed: December 2013
carolinedickensGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

I’m so glad to read that you had a wonderful stay and got to experience the Waterpark at Massanutten. Although it can be pricey it is a great activity for children and a nice break from the winter weather. Thank you for taking time to write a review and we wish you a Happy New Year!