“Very clean..”

Residence Inn Harrisonburg
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My experience at this hotel was topnotch. Room was clean and dated. They have a good choices of hot food at breakfast. Fitness room was clean. Swimming pool was small but was ok. The only complaint was the noise. You can easily hear people walking from above and people walking in the hallway and I wish they can install a door that won't slam very hard. It can really disturbed other guest who at peace.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
carolinedickensGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you so much for writing a review for the Residence Inn Harrisonburg! I was glad to see that overall you enjoyed our accommodations. I was sorry to hear though that some of the hall noise disturbed you. With advanced notice of your next stay we could try to locate a corner room for you that may be subject to less noise around it. I hope that we can host you in the future and I hope you have a great week!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great location for visiting the Shenandoah area. Very well maintained property, the extra space is great when travelling with kids. I would definitely stay here again. Awesome value with marriot level amenaties. Stayed in a 1 bedroom with our 2 sons on the couch in the living room. Full kitchen and fireplace, the works!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
carolinedickensGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I was glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and found the accomodations to meet the needs of your whole family. We hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed for one night... If only all hotel experiences could be this great!! Very clean, professional and courteous staff, great breakfast. My room was way beyond what I expected - clean, nice decor, everything you need. A tiny bit pricier than a standard room but well worth it! I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013
carolinedickensGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review you gave the Residence Inn Harrisonburg! I was so excited to read about how much you enjoyed your staff. I'm certainly glad you found the value in the price paid and that you were able to attend our breakfast. Hope you can stay more than 1 night next time!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We were so comfortable here that we had to force ourselves to get up and out in the morning! This was a great location, not far from Shenandoah National Park, with lots of nearby restaurants to choose from. Our studio king room was extremely spacious and had everything (and more) that we needed. Bed and bedding were very comfortable.

Breakfast was very good with lots of variety. The pool area was very nice. There's a nice patio area with fire pit but it wasn't turned on when we came through that evening. Maybe need to ask at the front desk? We asked for a quiet, 3rd floor room on check-in and the staff were very knowledgeable and delivered! She explained the hotel layout and the stairway location since we were a bit far from the elevator (always a good thing for us though:-) We love the Shenandoah Valley area and this hotel gives us a great place to stay so we will be back ASAP!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for the Residence Inn Harrisonburg. I loved hearing about how much you enjoyed the room, the breakfast and pool area. We do have a switch to cut on the fire pit so when you return please ask at the desk and we would be happy to turn it on for you. It's the perfect little spot to relax! Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I travel a lot, but this is the first Residence Inn property we've stayed in. What a perfect hotel. Our studio was comfortable and tastefully appointed, the hotel staff is terrific, and the food is excellent. If you need accommodations in the Harrisonburg, VA, area, look no further. You won't be disappointed

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. I was so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I know the staff will be just as excited. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had a very poor experience here while traveling through. Booked a room through the Marriott website (Marriot Rewards Gold Level) and chose this location specifically because they took pets. We were traveling with our Golden Retriever who is very well groomed so a pet place for the night was a must. Arrived at almost 1:00am for check in and the night desk person informed me that there is a $100 fee for having a pet in the room for the evening. Nothing was mentioned about that on the website nor is there anything like that listed under the pet policy portion on the site. I asked him to show me on my reservation, the Marriott website or anywhere that it stated there was a fee. He could not do that and said that the fee was based on a deep cleaning they had to do after a pet stayed.

Needless to say I was very upset as my young son was exhausted and we were just staying for a few hours. The desk man said that "maybe" we could speak to the manager in the morning and get a discounted fee but he couldn't guarantee that. He was professional throughout and did cancel our reservation with out penalty (the least he could do). When the room costs $129 a night, a $100 cleaning fee is quite excessive. I have since contacted Marriott about this but have yet to hear back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
TimFitzgeraldGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. We will address the training issues regarding our staff not being able to locate the pet fee on our website. Once you are on our home page the following wording is located to the right.

Residence Inn Harrisonburg is a pet friendly hotel. A $100 non-refundable pet fee applies.

It is also located in the fact sheet area of our website. We previously had response like yours and moved the information to our opening page. Again, we do apologize for you not being aware prior to your arrival. If you would like to further discuss please contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed twice on our trip on both legs of the round trip. This property seems fairly new. The rooms are spotless and very high end looking - much better then most Residence Inns I have been to. I would almost say the decor is much like a boutique property. It is located back from the main road but within walking distance to several great places to eat including a Quaker Steak & Lube next door. The big surprise was a very nice indoor pool and outdoor sports court -- your kids should not be bored at this property. It is pet friendly which is very nice to see although we did not bring our dog with us. The only negative is if you have a room above you with kids running around at night as we did the first night, it is VERY noticeable. We called the front desk three times before the parents were able to control their kids. We have a young kid ourself and we always have to remind ourselves that little feet jumping on and off the bed can be quite noisy to the person downstairs. Great free breakfast can't be beat. The first night they had a manager hosted happy hour. While the free drinks were appreciated, the food was not very good - but we ended up going somewhere else. It is what it is I guess. Glad they had it though.

Room Tip: If you chose a room not on the third floor (2nd or 1st) just be aware you could have some noise prob...