“Great interior and atmosphere”
Review of Taj of India

Taj of India
Order Online
Ranked #40 of 320 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Description: Taj of India is a fine Indian dining restaurant in the heart of Harrisonburg downtown.All our food is freshly prepared on premises.Each dish will have its own distinctive flavor and aroma, from spices which are separately prepared each day fresh for each individual dish.Buffet Lunch 11 a.m. to 230 p.m. daily — $9.95; Dinner 5pm to10 pm; a-la carte only with pairing wines and lavish full Bar.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The food is OK, though the daal was not as good but not bad. The parking is limited though there is a payable car park. One minor point is that i don't always have a rice dish with a curry and instead prefer nan, but one has no choice because rice served by default (though i understand this is the case for many indian eateries). There should always be a choice which thus means i can enjoy more than a single curry.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful, high quality food and the kindest service. I stopped by while traveling and hope to return one day!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 4, 2019

We are in Harrisonburg only once a year and I will definitely make this a place for a return visit. The food is amazing both for us meat lovers and for our vegan friends. The flavors - amazing. The food melts in our mouth. Definitely take their recommendation on how spicy to make your dish. Only thing we will do next time is not go with a large group. The service for larger groups is a bit slow and we had a time commitment.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed May 19, 2019

I walked in, was met by a friendly man and seated right away. I could not find my favorite Indian dish, butter chicken, on the menu and asked him about it. It is called "Murg Makhni Lajawab" on the menu. I dont care what they call it, I call it absolutely amazing. I got the level 3 spicy and I was sweating a little bit and I love spicy food. I had Taj Mahal lager beers and garlic naan. They brought rice with my meal, but I didn't eat it as it was too much foo. The place has a nice interior and the staff are friendly. There is no dress code. I will be back for sure. Enjoy.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

We stopped in here while on vacation and wished we lived closer so we could frequent the place. Our food was very good, the service was prompt and friendly. We couldn't finish our meals so asked for a box and they gave us extra naan to bring home. Restaurant and rest rooms were clean. Not a lot of diners when we went (5:00) but it began to fill when we left at 6:00.
Hubby said his was a little to spicy but they will accommodate to your preference. Reasonable price. Would definitely return if we lived closer.

Date of visit: May 2019