“Pet Friendly”

Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Thomasville, Georgia
“Pet Friendly”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Very nice greeting by desk clerk upon arriving. Room was immaculate and pet friendly. Very nice breakfast buffet. Overall a pleasant, inviting place to stay and close to lots of restaurant chains. We ate at Texas Roadhouse.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BARBARA H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I traveled with my family to JMU for open house. We’d originally booked a smoking room and the smell was too bad for us non-smokers. The staff was extremely accommodating and did everything they could to meet our expectations. Breakfast was great, the room was clean, and the staff was helpful.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The front desk was extremely nice and helpful. Our room was clean even though it was for a pet. The bathroom was spotless and the shower was amazing. Pretty good breakfast options. Would come back again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Meredith P
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our room was very nice, modern and clean. The front desk staff is warm and welcoming. The breakfast was far more than "Continental" and in a lovely dining area. There are no signs of wear, considering that they allow pets! (Very impressive!) The location is perfect with plenty of options for dining, shopping and sightseeing. (Luray Caverns, Skyline Drive, JMU games etc.)

We would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Dek133
Claremont, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Pulled off the highway at 730 pm in Harrisonburg, Virginia.. There are several hotels/motels in this area. But I know the Comfort Inn name and can usually count them on being a good place to stay. I wasn't wrong. Soon as I walked and was greeted by the desk clerk Jennifer I knew it was going to be a good stop. She was warm and inviting. There had been a serious accident on the Interstate and she told me of two different routes around the city in the future I could use to by pass it. The room was excellent, it was what I would expect from a Comfort Inn. Clean and neat. They have everything you could want in a room, microwave oven, coffee maker, refrigerator and an iron board with a iron. The Continental breakfast was excellent. Bagel, toast, cereal, Belgium waffles, juice, coffee, danish, i am sure I am forgetting somethings. It is worth stopping here. If I am in the area again on my semi annual trip to or from Florida this will be where I stop.

Room Tip: To me the best room is on the ground floor, especially after a long trip on the road
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I would say this hotel was on the low end of the mid-range hotels, right before you hit budget. It looked very old inside. The furniture, decor, and entire hotel looked like it was in desperate need of a facelift. We were only here one night while traveling; I don’t think I would have stayed at a place like this more than one night.

We were told the best entrance to the hotel to use was around back. It felt creepy in the back. I would not feel safe if I were traveling alone. The halls were long and musty, and I am not sure if there was even an elevator in this place, if there was I never saw it. We had to carry our heavy bags up a few flights of stairs to get to our room.

The room could have used a good dusting. The bathroom was old, no counter space for toiletries, and I spotted some hairs on the floor. The beds also seemed old and like they needed to be replaced. I did not find them that comfortable.

There was a continental breakfast the next morning and it was ok. I usually don’t stay at Comfort Inns, and this stay confirmed why. I probably won’t be back to a Comfort Inn any time soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family