“No view but nice room”

Courtyard Harrisonburg
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The location of this hotel is convenient to I81 and also to lots of restaurants. We walked to Outback Steakhouse.

The rooms are small but efficient. The room seemed clean however there was a Q-tip on the floor under the desk which is unacceptable.

We used points so the price was irrelevant. The hotel was very quiet when we were there so we had the hot tub and pool to ourselves. The pool is small but it was very enjoyable. What wasn't enjoyable was that our sliding glass door to our balcony would not open no matter how hard we tried.

The staff was very nice but I was not too happy to see a $20 hold against my American Express which is the card on my Marriott account but not the card I presented at the front desk. Strange.

Anyway, this was an acceptable place to stay but I am not sure I would stay again.

Room Tip: If you want a view, ask the staff for one, obviously just being a Marriott reward member wasn't...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Harrisonburg

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here just for a night on our way to Nashville. We used points so I can't say anything about the price. The room and hotel were clean and the staff pleasant. We ate at the Bob Evans which close to the hotel. We did not eat at the hotel. What is important to us is that a place is clean and the staff is nice-this place fit both requirements!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Staff is wonderful and answered all my questions about where to eat, local bars, etc. They also gave me a room w/ a sliding door balcony which I was very pleased about. It's the little things that makes a stay nice, and the little things are taken care of here at this Courtyard hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill D
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a good option when visiting Harrisonburg, no doubt JMU, too! The place is clean and the staff friendly and responsive/helpful. The main lobby is updated and modern and technology abounds and there is a fine breakfast and Starbucks area for the morning, too. The area right around the hotel and the grounds are not too attractive, but the inside is fine and clean and well maintained as are the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel several times during the last couple years and most recently over Memorial Day weekend. The hotel is one of the best in Harrisonburg, but that is a pretty low bar. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. The hotel also has a cafe which is a good addition. My only complaint is the range of prices on the rooms depending upon the weekend. We have paid a low of $109 and a high of $149. Needless to say, I enjoyed the hotel more at $109 than I did at $149. Breakfast was not included.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Brookdal
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was remodeled about a year ago, and it looks great. Everything is clean, comfortable and attractive. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The kids enjoyed the pool--and the hot tub was nice as well. Both are small, but we were the only ones using them. We were able to get connecting rooms which is extremely helpful to us as a family. The room included a balcony which was a nice touch. We did not eat any meals so I can't attest to the food. There is both a coffee machine in the room and free coffee available in the lobby--or Starbucks available for purchase along with breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013

First timer at this hotel. Very clean. Breakfast was excellent but very expensive. Bed was okay, and the location is easy. I did find that all of the staff was very friendly. I got a suit so there was a mini refrigerator and small microwave. WiFi works fine and is easy to connect, but the speed is poor. Kind of reminds me of dial up. For email and looking up google, travel sites or weather it is fine. But if you intend to do work here it's too slow.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business