“Great Location”

Courtyard Harrisonburg
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This courtyard is in a perfect location. It overlooks many shops and restaurants. There is a Regal 14 Cinema close by. Rooms need to be modernized but the new lobby looks great. The only downfall is that there is a new Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn which are much better.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Lov2travv
SHerbst, Manager at Courtyard Harrisonburg, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard Harrisonburg. We do have a great location and enjoy a beautiful view of the city and mountains. I am pleased that you enjoy our new lobby. Our rooms were renovated with new carpet, sheers, furniture, paint, etc... to meet Marriott's new look. I am curious to know what we could do better and would welcome hearing more feedback from you. We look forward to more improvements to the exterior over the next few months. Again, thank you for staying with us and hope that our location and spacious rooms will make you continue to make us your number one choice when visiting Harrisonburg.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Dorothy, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

On our trip down south we stayed at the Courtyard overnight. The room was recently remodeled and was nicely done. Convenient location off of rt 81 with access to plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The hotel had a bistro where food was available as well as drinks, but we found it not to our liking. This was the only option for breakfast as well, which we chose not to use. The room was reasonably priced and clean, the bedding was perfect. The review rating is based on the room not the availability of food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SHerbst, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisonburg, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard Harrisonburg. It's great to hear that you enjoy the new renovations and our rooms. I am sorry that the Bistro did not impress you, but we are centrally located near many restaurants some within walking distance. The Bistro offers quick, light dinner options for those who do not want to venture out or just want something simple. The flat bread pizzas are delicious and I love the vanilla yogurt parfait with strawberries for breakfast. We hope you continue to choose our hotel as your first choice in Harrisonburg and if you prefer to dine out we can direct you to many great restaurants in the area. Thank you.
Kodak, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

The place was beautiful. The check in was very easy. The room was very clean. But be prepared to eat outside of the hotel because the cost of anything at the bistro is just Crazy! $10 for a turkey sandwich! Just Nuts. Also be careful with the pool because it was very heavily chlorinated and burned my husbands and my daughters eyes. The last thing I have to say is this place needs to get professional and do what they say they will do. I was told starbucks was open 24hrs but it was more like whenever whoever was working felt like it. Bad business practice! I would stay at another Marriot but probably not this one just because of the poorly ran bistro and starbucks.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 138 and it was very quiet. That would be the only tip I could give you is to ask f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Courtyard Marriott was $45 cheaper per night than the Hampton Inn next door. I wanted to stay at the Hampton Inn since I am a reward member, but $45 can go a long way instead of the "free breakfast" and the HI. Don't let the price fool you though....it was a great property. Easy check-in, recently redone (May) lobby with fireplace and flat screen tv and chairs to enjoy each. Room seemed to be fresh and modern. We had a king room with a sleep sofa. A previous post that mentioned a small sink area: the sink was outside the tub/toilet area and I hate to say the counter top is bigger than the one in my master bath at home. Held toiletry kits on each side, but not much more. Didn't bother me however. Large closet and large custom built cabinet in room that held refrigerator (and room for microwave, which was absent). Nice flat screen tv that swiveled toward the sofa or bed. Noon check out time was very nice. We put our room savings toward breakfast at the Little Diner Cooperative....which I highly recommend.

Room Tip: All rooms are no-smoking.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Stated here two nights for business and was very happy with the new renovations to rooms, lobby, and fitness center. The Bistro in the lobby was great for breakfast and a light dinner. I will be back next time I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard, Harrisonburg. I am so happy you were pleased with our renovations and appreciate your comments. Our staff and I are extremely happy with the outcome. We hope you continue to make our hotel your number one choice when visiting Harrisonburg. Thank you.
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

It is not easy to find a decent hotel in Harrisonburg. But this property is actually quite pleasant. The best part of the hotel is the lobby which invites guests to get out of their rooms and even has a bar open until 10 pm. The workout room could use a few weights or some alternative to the three pieces of equipment which are busy--given that visiting sports teams stay here. The beds are comfortable but there is no free breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
SHerbst, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisonburg, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, Harrisonburg. I am happy to hear you had a comfortable and pleasant stay at our hotel. We will be adding weights to the fitness room in the future. I also wanted to let you know that we do have a membership at a local fitness center that is complimentary to all our guests during your stay. Again, thank you for staying with us in Harrisonburg.

Sara Herbst
northern VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Things got off to a rough start when they wouldn't accept my Master Card rewards card ( Ultimate Pursuit ) that I have used in Marriotts all over the country.
Oddly enough the thing I liked the most about the place is the view from the front parking lot......it sits up on a hill and allows for an incredible vista of the JMU campus and the mountains. I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel but did take advantage of the hot tub in the pool area. Too bad a continental breakfast is not offered like a lot of other local places do. Overall, it was clean, quiet and was up to Marriott standards I would say for this level of hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your comments. We do have a lovely view from the front of our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Harrisonburg and hope you make our hotel your first choice when visiting the area.

Sara Herbst