“Best front desk”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
NJ
“Best front desk”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

How helpful can you get!! Warm welcome, reasonable rate for the room and good restaurant advice.
Worked with us to get to a good rate for the room. Pleasant and upbeat
Hotel was clean, had a good location and made for a comfortable stay on our way thru Virginia.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed October 24, 2011

These older Courtyards are about the worst value for all Marriott properties. The internet is slow (it was good in afternoon and screeched to a halt in evening). The linens are very thin and well used. The towels are flat and old. The chair has stains and the elevators take forever. The comedy is in the fact that Courtyards think if they have a server and charge for breakfast, its somehow better to the customer. The fact is this hotel is more expensive than a Fairfield Inn, but its exactly the same and then on top of that they charge for breakfast. And of course you need to tip the server who does nothing but bring 1 orange juice and 1 coffee because you still serve yourself the exact same way you do at a Fairfield Inn. Breakfast? $12 please. Courtyard by Marriott? This one is exactly like a Fairfield down to the layout and decor. Next time in Harrisonsburg I'll find a Fairfield, Springhill, or even jump ship to a Hampton, whatever has the better price because they are the exact same as this overpriced Courtyard. Oh, the location is nice because its near a ton of restaurants (drive in 2 to 5 minutes, can't walk because of highways).

• Stayed October 2011
Hopewell Junction, New York
Reviewed October 21, 2011

The hotel is difficult to locate as no signs are off main road from exit. It is right after K-Mart. This exit stop is superb with all the chained restaurants you could want. The hotel presents great from the outside but is just average. Beds are great. Breakfast not included and buffet was empty (probably price). I requested a rollaway both on reservation and called morning of stay. Upon checkin i again asked for rollaway and clerk said if you requested it, it will be there. As I find most Marriotts, a rollaway is something like pulling teeth. We had no rollaway in room and since it was late,one clerk (who had to deliver blankets to someone that got none in sofa bed), we didn't bother.Overall considering area and consistancy of chain, this will make for a good stop.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I had a long drive to TN , and this hotel just so happened to be half way through and one of the only Marriott branded hotels I could find.

It looks nice from the outside, and the lobby area is quite nice.

But really, in my opinion it al ends there. The room was a good size, considering we had 2 queens, but it smelled.

The bathroom was all dusty and it seemed like someone was doing some drilling shortly before we got there and forgot to pickup their mess!

The sink area was dusty as well, and I was missing bars of soap everywhere.

The good thing was that I forgot my toothbrush, so when I went over to the front desk to get one of those, I requested a few bars of soap as well.

Front desk service was okay as well. It did take him a good 15 minutes to find toothbrushes , and then insisted on giving me two , which was nice.

Overall, service was okay. They woke me up when I asked them too, and answered the rest of my questions in a timely manner. The nighttime gentleman was nicer than the morning gentleman. He just seemed much more jolly and happy go lucky.

All in all, I would go back to this hotel if I was in the area, but I hope that I don’t have to because the beds smelled!

Sidenote: It was also quite expensive compared to the price I have paid for other Marriott's.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
north carolina
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My friend and I were returning to N.C. and this stop was halfway between my cottage in upstate N.Y. and home. I am very sorry that I can not positively remember the name of the front desk clerk, but I believe it was Sharon. She was just so helpful with places to eat, and treated my friend and me like her new best friends! She was on the afternoon desk, and when we left in the morning, we asked the person manning the desk then if she had a card so we could write her and thank her. His reply--"She does not have a card--she's only a clerk". We know better--she was not "just a clerk"--she was a star. The hotel itself was very nice--lovely mattresses, and bedding, clean and cool. We had a lovely breakfast in the dining room which had a varied menu of just about anything one could want for breakfast--it was not free, but reasonably priced. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank clarabellekennedy
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Great hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast attendants are absolutely fantastic and buffet is wonderful. I will definitely stay here when I am in harrisonburg.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Daw77
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The Courtyard in Harrisonburg, VA is very basic and offers Marriott Rewards members no incentive to stay. We are platinum members at Marriott and still had to pay for a horrible breakfast buffet. They state that they offer made-to-order eggs/omelettes, but there were no employees working at the omelette station. Furthermore, the room had an odor that smelled of septic and cigarette smoke. We generally love Marriott and rarely have a complaint. However, if you are planning a trip to Harrisonburg, VA, look into the Residence Inn....much more enjoyable!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple