“Poorly run hotel”

Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Poorly run hotel”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed in the hotel the night after they had some snow. They made almost no effort to clear parking lots. After we took our life in our hands to get to the front desk they blew off my concern about the ice. In the morning, I asked to speak to the manager and was told he/she wasn't there. I emailed the hotel about my concerns and the email address given on the receipt did not work. The hotel room itself was dirty, and routine maintenance was really lacking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed December 14, 2012

The hotel is in the process of refurbishing the rooms. I had a room on the 4th floor with a king size bed. (The 4th floor is the 1st floor they have completed). The room was clean and had plenty of room. The hotel provides a free continental breakfast in the morning which was also good. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel is very close to near gas stations and restaurants as well as the university. The only downside is it is also close to I-81. The room I had was on the opposite side of the building and we were still able to hear the road noise. However, it did not affect my ability to get to sleep or awaken me during the night.

Room Tip: The 4th floor was the only floor offering king-size beds and with the hotel very close to I-81 I wou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BINGHAMTON
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Hotel is currently under renovation. We had to call to find out where to enter the hotel.
Staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were pleasant. I did find a used paper napkin in the desk drawer. Average cleanliness otherwise. If you are not used to traffic noise our room was on the side of the highway The noise was loud and consistent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

NEWPORT NEWS
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was thrilled that the Days' Inn was still available for homecoming weekend. I now know why. Renovations are taking place, the hot tub was not in operation, the hallway full of paint/turpentine smells, the room in need of repair. The phone did not work, the bathroom door did not latch, there were "stink" bugs in the room that we had to kill. It was an OK place to lay our head but it was not the best for the price we were paying. The phone was the big thing, we were trying to be in touch with an airline due to the storm and had to use our cell phones.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these Harrisonburg hotels