“Well worth it !”

Local Chop and Grill House
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Chop and Grill House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 280 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Noll
Description: Massive wooden door, old bricks and rustic beams of Harrisonburg's old City Produce Exchange building, the perfect setting for a memorable dining experience at The LOCAL Chop & Grill House. Bring your friends and savor the atmosphere, food and drink that set us apart from other restaurants. Our menu features fresh, hand-selected, LOCAL and seasonal foods prepared with a progressive flair by Chef Brian Bogan. Farm to Table is the mainstay of our eating philosophy. That's why we work with community food producers to support organic, sustainable, LOCAL farms, and put the finest, freshest foods on the table for you. We're serious about making choices that are environmentally sound, from the food we carefully hand-select to the aprons our kitchen and wait staff wear. Casual and fun, The LOCAL Chop & Grill House brings you world-class dining with a decidedly LOCAL flavor.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Daughter/husband took us there for dinner. Well worth the 65 mile drive for us. Upscale menu/pricing for the town ... but very good dining ! Filets/ribeyes/seared scallops were excellent. Sides were unusual ... local vegetables in unusual combinations. Squash/mushroom/Swiss cheese casserole, wilted spinach w/ham and even duck-fat fries. Very good wine selection and dessert offerings. Can understand why it's rated so high in Harrisonburg. Reservations are probably a necessity.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Friendly staff, Nice cuts of fresh beef...right price..valet parking.. I didn't like the ceasar salad, but who goes to a Chop house for salad!! I'd go back!! LOL Thanks!!

1  Thank DeLano M
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband & I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary yesterday. We wanted to find a nice local restaurant to celebrate, my husband found Local Chop and Grill House on Tripadvisor, so glad he did!
For appetizer I ordered scallops (were like butter), my husband got chili which had shredded steak. Our entrees I had trout, he had filet. Side dishes, would have like to have tried them all, but could have made a meal out of mac & cheese and mushroom Swiss casserole.
Dessert included sticky toffee pudding with vanilla ice cream. We told our waiter, Chris B. (which was great) this time last year we had sticky toffee pudding @ Gordon Ramsay Steak in Vegas, we'd try not to compare. I have to say, blind folded I don't believe we'd be able to tell a difference. The only thing I suggested to Chris, instead of vanilla ice cream pair the dessert with BROWN BUTTER ice cream.
Everything was fresh, seasoned, & cooked to perfection! We will return...

2  Thank Mike Sheila M
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The was a great place for a wonderful dinner with friends. It is more expensive so expect "fine" dinning but everything we ate was well prepared. The atmosphere was nice and the wait staff was very good. I don't think my water glass ever made past being half empty. As well, the waiter was sensitive to our time as we were enjoying time with another couple. We did not feel pushed out. Great place. One note is that most of the dining area is up the stairs and is not handicap accessible. The restaurant did phone us after the reservation was made to make sure we understood this.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This really was one of the best meals I have ever had. I had trout and my husband had duck. They locally source as many foods as they can. You choose the rub you want on your entrée and then you choose the sauce to go with it (served on the side) Our waitress "Kate" was very helpful in assisting us in making our decisions. You then get to pick two sides. I had roasted asparagus and a mushroom/squash casserole. For dessert I had a scoop of homemade salted caramel ice cream even though I was already full I didn't want the experience to end. There is free valet parking. I found the restaurant to be fairly priced, especially for the wonderful service you get. I am looking forward to visiting again when we travel to that area of Virginia.