“One of our favorite downtown Harrisonburg restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Clementine Cafe

Clementine Cafe
Ranked #5 of 253 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Clementine is located in a revitalized downtown in Harrisonburg, Va. We offer regional local cuisine with unique and creative dishes. Clementine is open everyday for lunch and dinner and Sundays for brunch. Clementine has regional music Thursadys, Fridays and Saturdays starting at 9:30pm. Clementine boasts an urban decor with ever changing artwork and exhibits.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of our favorite downtown Harrisonburg restaurants”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

We had spent the entire day moving our college kid into an apartment, never breaking for food. Still looking at a two hour drive ahead of us, exhausted and beyond hungry, we figured we earned our meal at the Clementine Café and we were going to treat ourselves. Arriving around 715pm, we were promptly greeted and seated. We browsed over the menu for what we felt was a short time, but our waiter, Lee, apologized for the delay and said "he'd make it up to us with impeccable service." The lure here for my husband, the shrimp 'n grits, which he ordered for an appetizer. I chose the falafel for mine and just wanting something lighter we opted for a crab cake sandwich and BLAT minus the avocado. Lee showed us the special Taste of the Town menu, which looked tempting, but our bellies couldn't hold that much food. The beautifully presented appetizers came out in record time. The falafel was moist, but not soggy and the diced cucumbers in the dressing complimented the entire dish. It was filling, yet light and absolutely delicious, some of the best falafel I've ever eaten. My husband could have licked his bowl clean, he loves their take on shrimp 'n grits. Our sandwiches also arrived without delay, both tasty and better than average, and hit the spot. Our server was attentive and on the ball. Reenergized we had enough fuel to get home.
We love the cool, hip, artsy vibe of Clementine. Service has always been great and the food is a real treat! We often joke and say forget about visiting the kid, let's go to Harrisonburg for the food!

Philadelphia, New York
“GREAT ATMOSPHERE”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Loved the colored walls, the ambiance and the food was good. I wish I would be in town for brunch, as it sounds scrumptious! My granddaughter and I shared a delightful afternoon at Clementine's. She tells me that the menu changes often. I am sort of picky, but they had a couple of things I thought would be good. She had a wrap and said that it was delicious. I would like to have heard the music, but we were there to visit, and sometimes the music is too loud to talk. The server was very good.

1 Thank annarc6
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Good food, good atmosphere”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Neat little place, the outside downstairs is very cool. I don't know what most of the food on the menu is because it's pretty weird but I found something that was basically steak with mashed potatoes and mushrooms and that was very good. I won't go there very often because the menu was pretty froofy and I would probably not get anything except that steak dish. I like that they bring you a carafe of ice water.

Easton, Maryland
“Such good food”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

A coworker and I had to travel to Harrisonburg, Va for work. Someone in our hotel recommended this place to us. I'm so glad we listened to them! The atmosphere was amazing, the food was great and our waitress was so nice. We both had a wonderful meal and enjoyed our evening out.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Megan M
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We got to Harrisonburg late in the evening. We were tired and hungry and the Stonewall Jackson Inn suggested Clementine's Café downtown. The food was excellent. We both had excellent burgers although the menu was extensive with all sorts of food options. Live music started shortly after we arrived. They were excellent and not too loud. I would recommend Clementine's for a great dinner.