“Great food, neat setting”
Review of Clementine Cafe

Clementine Cafe
Ranked #6 of 264 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Clementine is located in a revitalized downtown in Harrisonburg, Va. We offer New American cuisine with unique and creative dishes. Clementine is open everyday for lunch and dinner and Sundays for brunch. Clementine has regional music Thursadys, Fridays and Saturdays starting at 9:30pm. Clementine boasts an urban decor with ever changing artwork and exhibits.
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I visited the restaurant on the recommendation of a friend who lives in Harrisonburg. The menu was very diverse and had something for everyone. Good vegetarian options. The homemade chips were excellent. I had the curry, which was light and flavorful and filled with veggies. My niece had the turkey/avocado sandwich, which looked delicious. The service was very friendly, but a little slow. We weren't in any hurry, though, so it wasn't a concern. I didn't look at the wine list, but they had a very extensive beer list and highlighted several local beers. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had lunch today at Clementine Cafe in downtown Harrisonburg. We were at the Quilt Museum and asked them for a recommendation for a place to eat. They highly recommended Clementine Cafe. I had a grilled chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato wrap and it was quite tasty. They also serve homemade chips that were good. My husband had a catfish po boy and said it was tasty but needed a bit more catfish for the bread. The decor was colorful and upbeat and they seemed to have a wide range of music planned for the next couple of months.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Run, don't walk, to Clementine Cafe for their Sunday brunch. My crabcake entree was amazing. My husband loved the hot smoked maple salmon. Service was superb! We had to be in and out in 45 minutes in order to make it back for a late hotel check-out. No problem! (Note: We were seated immediately and soon thereafter, there was a short line to be seated.) Great atmosphere. Sunday brunch is served from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

2  Thank Buckeye2007
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Great menu, good service, excellent dining experience in trendy uptown setting.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

We went to the Clementine Cafe for dinner one night at the recommendation of several local residents. We arrived without reservations around 7:00 on a weekend night and had to wait 10-20 min (not too bad). The downstairs lounge where we waited definitely had a loungey/bar vibe; pretty bare bones, but you could order appetizers off the main menu at the bar.

The menu was extremely eclectic - I got the coconut chicken curry, my husband a bbq chicken pizza. Both were good, but the curry really stood out. It is a live music venue so we caught the main band warming up -- blue grass/country vibe. We did not stay for the main show.

On the whole it was a nice time, but I can't say there was anything that was extremely remarkable or memorable. A good choice lunch or dinner if you are in Harrisonburg for multiple nights.