“Wonderful stop for country bbq”
Review of Houndstooth Cafe

Houndstooth Cafe
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Hanover
Description: We have reopened!! We look forward to serving Hanover and the surrounding community! We serve made from scratch southern comfort food, smoked BBQ, Ribs, and seafood!
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We wtopped for dinner as we were driving through and was delightfully surpried with the wonderful food and warm atmosphere. Only open Wed-Sat but worth timing your trip on 301 to stop for lunch or dinner.

1  Thank sreisinger

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I absolutely love the Houndstooth. I live a good 45 minutes from here so it's always a planned trip and always soooo good. It is a house with great service. The owner has done so well keeping things up since the loss of her husband and despite of a fire at the location as well. The barbeque is mouth watering...the sides are all great. The desserts are all home made and delicious. I can't say enough good about the Houndstooth. I took my mom there to celebrate her 75th birthday 3 years ago and she loved it as well. You won't be sorry you stopped here to eat, I promise.

1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This restaurant is a very small establishment but it has the best Barbecue around. I have been here quite a few times and it's been a hit every time. Their sauces are wonderful and it's worth the trip for the food. Also, after you eat their large helpings if you have room for dessert they have a praline cheesecake that is to die for. Save a little room because it's worth your while. Check it out.

1  Thank linda21548
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I haven't been here in awhile and my sister and I had a craving for a the great food we remembered from when we lived on this side of town and we would go every week. VERY DISAPPOINTED!! The food was terrible! The appetizer crab puffs were overpriced and had NO crab that we could see. She got the fried catfish and couldn't eat it because the breading was so bad. I got the barbecue platter and it was so DRY and overcooked that I tried to drown it with the sauce and STILL couldn't eat it!! The only good thing was the cheesecake which was still as amazing as we remembered. However, we basically spent $100 here on inedible crap. Sorry, but will never go back...

2  Thank mimeski
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We've been stopping at this great little restaurant for a few years now on our way to Washington, D.C. Connie is the best and we're greeted like old friends. The food is tasty, too!

1  Thank SherryAuthor