“Amazing Draft Beer Selection and Delicious food...the perfect combination”
Review of Taphouse

Taphouse
Ranked #21 of 305 Restaurants in Hampton
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Taphouse is "without a doubt" my favorite restaurant in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area. Tucked into downtown Hampton, Taphouse is a smaller, low-key restaurant in a beautiful location near the Virginia Air and Space Museum. Porters ,IPAs, Belgians, and so on...it has a large, and one of the most diverse, draft beer selections in all of the area. Everything on the menu is delicious. Personally, my favorite is the Chesapeake Bay Crab Burger. It's a massive, juicy hamburger with a slice of pepperjack cheese topped with this insanely yummy queso crab dip. It's messy, but unforgettably scrumptious. My friends and family love a ton of other items on the menu: flatbread / hummus dip, chili, "10 dollar" meatloaf, etc. To sum it up, for "foodies" and especially beer drinkers, Taphouse is "a must" restaurant to visit in Hampton Roads.

1  Thank GrimeyTheOriginal
There are newer reviews for Taphouse

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Brews that we ordered all available and all good. Food was very good. Service was slow, as was the arrival of our food. I didn't see any other wait staff, so maybe this was just a fluke. Despite the slowness, it was a pleasant experience, and we would recommend it and would return if we are in Hampton again.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Our first visit. Nice location on a side street in downtown Hampton. During the summer, they close the street off and have block parties every Satruday evening -- we were there on a Friday night so no party going on. We went early to beat the crowd - very nice waitress. Decent food and a wide variety of beer. Service was pretty good given how busy it became while we were there. It is a VERY LOUD place - no music, just very loud from all the patrons. I couldn't hear the people at our table over noise (registered 80+ decibels on my cell phone). My biggest complaint: We spent about 3 hours there w/ 6 people, appetizers, entree's, and many rounds of drinks (the bill for just three of us was $107 which included the gratuity which they automatically added in). I stepped outside to get some air and get of the noise and noticed an ice cream shop about three doors down. I purchased a small cup and went back to The Taphouse to join my friends. Immediately the waitress (politely) told me I was not allowed to bring in the ice cream. So, I went back outside and finished it. When I came back in, I asked her if it was a Health Code issue or restaurant policy. She informed me it was restaurant policy mainly due to the street party goers in the summer who wander in and out with vendor food from the street. I get that, but it didn't apply in our situation. It's their restaurant, they can certainly set the policy but we won't return after having been asked to leave.

1  Thank JANDC007
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Excellently prepared, quality seafood. Service and atmosphere are great. Food is prepared and served timely. Parking space I ample. Great place to eat.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have been to the Taphouse many times and the experience is always consistent. The beer selection is impressive and the quality of food is consistently good. They offer a wide array of specials throughout the week was well. Definitely a place to frequent.

Been to Taphouse? Share your experiences!