“Consistently Creative and Delicious”
Review of Six Little Bar Bistro - CLOSED

Six Little Bar Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have been enjoying tapas at Six for several years so this review is long overdue. My husband and I visited the restaurant on Thursday night and found just a few tables available. After ordering a bottle of reasonably priced Zinfandel, we chose five tapas from the restaurant's winter menu as well as specials listed on a blackboard. The tuna tacos arrived first and were instantly devoured. We also shared seared scallops, lobster gnocchi and a plate of goat cheese, roasted garlic, roasted peppers, tapenade and toasted baguette slices. A plate of mac and cheese with lobster arrived in place of the mac and cheese with duck confit we had ordered however the staff comped us the lobster dish and returned with the confit plate shortly thereafter. Service was attentive and friendly. Six is consistently creative and delicious and on of our favorite restaurants in Hampton.

2  Thank Ellen B

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Having once lived in the Hampton Roads area for 15 years, I am sad that I found this restaurant only a year before I moved away. I ate there 4 times during that year, and I have since traveled back home again, and made sure that Six was on my agenda! This is THE BEST restaurant I have ever eaten at. The food, every time, has never failed to absolutely amaze me and delight my palate. The chefs are perfectionists with their food, and it totally shows. I've never had a bad dish here, and I LOVE that they change up their menu every season, so you always have something new or different to try. The drink selection is varied, the service is good, and the atmosphere is upclass and cozy. If you are anywhere NEAR Hampton, PUT THIS PLACE ON YOUR LIST!! You will not be dissapointed.

2  Thank CyndeeHatton
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Always heard about this little place and finally decided to stop in for a visit with a friend. Decided to sit at the bar due to all 7 tables were filled. The drink list is extensive and I decided to go with The Ruby . Vodka , red wine and a cherry :) I ordered the drunken noodle beef bowl which was excellent . The beef was tender and the broth was tasty. Next I ordered the Smoked salmon / dill cream cheese / horseradish / toast points . So great i had it twice. ( I was there for 3 hours)... the staff was very friendly and the update to date music they played was great. Looking forward to going back and getting the cute smore's plate .

1  Thank ny_heart11
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This little tapas bar hidden away in Phoebus can hold up to any in the world with its delicious specialties individually prepared to order. Seating is limited, so it's always packed before a concert at the American Theatre down the street. Try the imported beers, the hummus du jour or the gnocchi du jour, try everything! Go often.

1  Thank Annmmoore
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My husband and I stopped in with our dinner group for a light meal and cocktails before attending the American Theater's feature of the Virginia Symphony last Tuesday. We called prior to our visit and were politely told that reservations were not accepted due to size and volume and that guests were seated on a first come, first serve basis. The hostess I spoke with did mention that the earlier we arrived, the better our chance of securing a table for six, seeing as they were expecting a high turnout due to the show that night. Our group arrived around 6pm and were extremely disappointed to see no open tables and the large amount of customers. We briefly discussed moving locations when the bartender, however kindly greeted us and encouraged us to dine at the bar in order to avoid waiting and possibly being tardy for the Symphony. Mind you our group consists of three couples, none of us accustomed to bar seating but decided to take her up on the offer. Upon reviewing the menu, we were upset to see that no separate checks were offered, but decided to give Six a shot. Goodness, I'm glad we did. The service was excellent and speedy despite the large volume of customers she was tending to. We were pleasantly surprised by the tasty small plates, especially the scallops and potstickers. Our drinks were never empty, and despite the hectic environment, our bartender was outgoing, pleasant, and even divided up our checks once she saw our disdain for the one check "policy" with no qualms. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience so much that we came back after our show for dessert and coffee. This place is excellent as far as customer satisfaction, not to mention tasty. We will be back!

1  Thank Florence B