“Great choice”

Golden Corral
Ranked #163 of 298 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We went into the Golden Corral with about 12 Basketball players and 6 parents. It was very clean, the choices were great and tasty and the waitress did a great job of handling the requests of our needy young men!

Visited August 2013

Claymont, DE
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Foods not Replenished Fast Enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went around dinner time and found that several items were not being replenished as quickly as they should have. I found that I had to ask the staff several times for different food items.

I asked for items from the salad bar,baked talapia, apple pie, and ice cream cones.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank MrsDink
Smithfield, Virginia
“Wasn't bad, wasn't good, just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This Golden Corral has easy access from Mercury Blvd and is near many restaurants IE: Chill's, Red Lobster, Olive Garden etc. with a City center with many restaurants near by. We were there when they opened at 11:00 and had a choice of tables to sit. The buffet was extensive from salads to desserts. My husband selected some items like ribs and veggies and salad and I had baked chicken, veggies, salad and Chinese dishes. The ribs and chicken were a little dry for just opening but the salads were fresh to include the artificial crab salad and fruit. I selected a small sample of desserts to include chocolate cake the size of a brownie, apple cobbler scoop and small piece of watermelon and pineapple from the salad bar. That was moist, fresh and good. We really liked the salads and that was the main part of our meal. You can get a lot for your money and will be full when you leave. I liked the large selection but I wish the chicken had been moist like other Golden Corrals we have visited. The service was very slow and was not the fault of the waitress as she seemed to have the whole place by herself. She was moving but it was hard to keep up with all the tables scattered around. My husband finally got up and tried to get his own water at the soda area but finally had to go to the register to get water. I don't blame the waitress just under staffed for the time of day. I would have given them at least a four star if the food was more moist and more wait staff.

• Visited June 2013
Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Average Cuisine”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

There was a variety of food. However, some of the food was tasteless and overcooked. We only ate here one night.

Visited June 2013
N.C.
“Nice Variety”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

They offered a nice variety of food. The Asian food section was excellent. The food was tasty and not overcooked.

• Visited March 2013