“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We hadn't been to Joe's in quite a few years but decided to stop on the way to the Eastern Shore (and get a break from the Friday traffic). We noticed the lowest price on anything on the menu was $10.99. Also, while we were aware that it's a seafood restaurant, we were surprised there weren't more non-seafood offerings. We ordered the kid's chicken finger meal for our 19 month old - for $5.99 he got 3 small (adult index-finger size) chicken tenders and a container of White House applesauce. His meal arrived before ours - we dropped the spoon on the floor but our waitress didn't return to our table for about 20 minutes. The staff in the restaurant seemed to be more interested in hanging out together than serving customers. When our food arrived, we were very disappointed. My husband ordered popcorn shrimp and french fries - the fries weren't completely cooked after being frozen and his popcorn shrimp was not good - it's hard to mess up popcorn shrimp! I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich which wasn't bad....but my corn on the cob was disgusting. It smelled and tasted of fish. The basket it came in was soaked with what appeared to be the water they used to boil it in - which obviously was the same water they used to cook the fish in.
The one positive - the restaurant itself helped entertain our 19 month old as we waited for our food. He enjoyed looking at the decor on the walls and ceiling and we were able to walk him around outside on the playground. The negatives: quality of food, wait time, and uninterested, unmotivated staff.
We won't be returning to this restaurant - live and learn!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Went last weekend for my birthday...wanted CRAWFISH soooo bad! The waitress was really nice and despite everything I tipped her..asked if I could get fried crawfish..was told by the MGR..yes. The waitress came back 5 TIMES! The kitchen did not want to fry them..then they did..then they told her I had to order them ala carte...it was 2 much back and forth for me..I was ready to walk out but I had drove 2 hours to get there. Ordered sweet tea- it was so bitter! Ordered the pot w/the lobster/shrimp rajin cajun style...it was not good at all and you dont get that much food for the money. $51 dollars for that! Then my best friend ordered the seafood platter...NO JOKE...looked like a kids meal! NEVER GOING BACK....

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've gotta say that Joe's Crab Shack tops off a trip north of the HRBT, otherwise known as "the water" every time we can make the time. Time slows as we pause to enjoy the seafood - it doesn't much matter what we order. Just about any seafood is improved when it is served with a roll of paper towels.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a long Time ago because I would not return. Food and service was not good. This was fairly a large group on a saturday afternoon near chirstmas serveral years ago.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hate I decided to celebrate my daughter's b-day here. The food was terrible and over priced. Just a munch of poorly warmed pre-frozen, heavy battered cheap food. Even the steamed pots were poorly seasoned and very fishy tasting and smelling. I sure hope no one gets sick. The service was even worse than the food. The waitresses completely confused the orders. The food took almost an hour to arrive and some of our party was finished eating when others were just being served. The manager never apologized for the mix up. We had no refills on drinks until we were ready to leave. This trip was a waste of time and money. We won't be coming back.