“Lovely little place, but sit outside”
Review of Marker 20

Marker 20
Ranked #13 of 302 Restaurants in Hampton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Wilmington, Delaware
“Lovely little place, but sit outside”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We ate there twice over a weekend visit to Hampton. We sat out on the patio that faces the street. It was a muggy weekend, but at both visits, there was a lovely breeze blowing and the view of the street was quite nice. My husband tried the seared tuna steak salad and said it was fabulous! I tried 2 other dishes and all of the food was very good. Both times, our servers were very attentive and friendly. The inside looked a little dreary (like an older bar) so I would choose to sit outside if the weather was nice. Cute little place with good food.

• Visited September 2013

“Yummy Chowder”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Ordered clam chowder, fish and chips, crab cakes and dessert. The 'Chesapeake' style chowder was out of the park! Savory, rich broth absolutely packed with clams. Fish and chips and crab cakes were also fabulous. The dessert was not for me, a little too sweet and gooey. Service was good. Atmosphere is comfortabel - very corner bar.

• Visited July 2013
Hampton, Virginia
“Great Meeting Place”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It seems that every time I go to Marker 20, which is a great favorite of my daughter the restaurant snob, I see people I know. I've eaten there several times, both inside and on the deck. On the whole it's a pleasant experience, though the crowd tends to be much younger than I am. The food is good, the portions very nice, and the prices, for the most part, reasonable. This is a good place to sample Hampton food and friendship.

• Visited November 2012
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was recently road tripping and my husband and I decided to spend the night in Hampton, VA. I scouted out a restaurant on Tripadvisor and we headed out. It was Sunday and about 8pm. The restaurant we had chosen was no longer seating, and referred us a couple doors down to Marker 20 for "late night dining". As a side note, I have no idea what world that is considered late night, but ok. Anyway, it was not busy and seemed to be a local crowd at the bar. I generally think that's a good sign, if people that live there want to eat there. We started with the buffalo tuna bites, simply because I had never heard of such a thing. Awesome! They were just really different and worth it. We shared a couple entrees, crab cakes and fried oysters. The crab cakes were good, but the oysters were divine. They were enormous and I was worried they might be tough. They literally melted in your mouth as you ate them. Huge portions, average seafood prices and good service. My husband fell in love with hush puppies. The server was super attentive and chatted with us about places to have breakfast the next morning and recommendations on the menu. She was great, her name was Jade. very down to earth and helpful. I am honestly surprised this place doesn't have more/better reviews.

• Visited May 2013
Yorktown, Virginia
“Mixed review: my date enjoyed her experience, I was not overwhelmed.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was my second or third visit to Marker 20 over the past few years and there is good reason for that - the place is nice but not really that nice. Today was a nice warm day, we were hungry, and decided to venture down to Hampton to walk around and grab a bite to eat. Now the area that Marker 20 in is nice, but small - only a few blocks.

We say outside which is a pretty nice little area but all the outdoor seats were cheap and the plastic tables even cheaper. There was a nice little game out there that involved swinging a metal ring on a string and trying to land it on a hook that is reversed. That pretty much was the highlight as I tried my hand at it and the kids took over. Cheap fun, lots of laughs, and the occasional cheer when someone was successful.

No Coke, only pepsi products, yuk, lol. Plastic glasses, yawn. Fairly good service though, and the food was served in a reasonable amount of time. I opted for the burger which I though was going to be tasty, my date ordered fish and chips. My burger just has no taste to it at all - nothing. It was slightly on the dry side and just blah. The pickle that came with it was the star of the show, lol.

My date loved her portion and had leftovers - good portion size. Price was not that bad either - just wish my burger was up a few levels. My guess is that we will try again at some point in the future - maybe a few months from now or next year. Lots of mirrors inside and the bathrooms are pretty sad.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Marker 20? Share your experiences!