“Love the sauces - try all 6 and see which is your fave!”

County Grill & Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 303 Restaurants in Hampton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Leesburg, Virginia
“Love the sauces - try all 6 and see which is your fave!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Visiting family in Hampton and thought I would try this place out based on all of the good reviews I read. I have to say I was actually fairly pleasantly surprised!

The location is a bit odd, but off a main street, so not hard to find and is very large, they look to have bands on the weekends too, so possibly a good place to try out in the evening. We had lunch there and the food, while a bit higher priced than I had expected, it was very good!

Our server was fine, nothing remarkable, a little slow if anything, but friendly enough. I was a bit annoyed that there was a surcharge for a side substitution when the side was listed on the menu at the same price point of the ones being offered, but no huge deal.

They had some good beers on tap and their sandwiches were very good, as was the cornbread they offered with the meal. The best part was definitely the 6 different barbecue sauces in varying styles there on the table for you to enjoy. All 6 were good, some better than others, but this is based mainly on taste, which is why it is nice that they have so many choices! There should be something for everyone.

Check it out if you get the chance!

• Visited July 2013

Tel Aviv, Israel
“A Real BBQ Restaurant”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

What a place, a real southern BBQ restaurant. Great atmosphere, great music, nice decoration, friendly waitress named Kaleigh. On the table you'll find a box with 6 different sauces to match your taste. We tried them all, and our winner was the Kansas City sauce! There is a huge selection of beer for Each day. 26 craft beers on tap- and it was Monday evening...I wonder how much do they have on weekends. I ordered the half rack of baby back ribs, they were as good as expected! My husband took the steak and shrimp combo, and enjoyed it a lot. The wall decoration was awesome! You really get a good energy vibe while dining at County Grill BBQ.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sharon_zz
Hampton, Virginia
“Yummy BBQ”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

They know how to do BBq, Very good brisket sandwich , ribs are tender sauces are great but not needed, it is a little load but that's OK it make room for people watching

“Great BBQ and service!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My fiance and I are vactioning in VA and are staying in Hampton. I googled resturants and this place came up. Let me just say how happy I am that it did! This place had wonderful food large portions for a great price! The atmosphere was nice and comfortable and our waitress Mary was great! The manager Guy even came over to our table to see how everything was and talked to us about other attractions we might be interested in based on our interest. We definitely plan on going back here another time before we leave and highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great bbq and dining experience!

1 Thank dina426
Virginia
“A local favorite”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Large portions at reasonable prices. Great BBQ w/ variety of sauces at your table. Interesting and unique beer list. I agree w/ one of the previous reviews, it can get very loud when it's busy - hard to carry on a conversation. It's packed on Wednesday nights - ladies night I think. Great local place w/ consistently good food.