“Pleasant staff, but not what I expect from Springhill Suites.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Hampton

SpringHill Suites Hampton
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant staff, but not what I expect from Springhill Suites.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

The front desk staff was always courteous, and the maintenance man I could hear in the room next to me seemed very pleasant also. My planned two-day stay turned into 4 days and everyone was wonderful about accommodating me. Now, the downsides: The breakfast was not hot, the sausage was actually gross. They served the same exact food every day, leading me to believe most of it was leftover from the day before. The opening and closing of room doors are VERY noisy. My first room had mildew on the inside of the shower curtain (which they promptly replaced when I told them about it, but still...) In my second room, the coffee maker spewed coffee all over he counter every time I used it. The pool was closed, which is part of the reason I selected this hotel. Overall, not impressed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank BrendaM994
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hampton, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Trip Advisor Survey and sharing your experience with the SpringHill Suites Hampton. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Newport news
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

My family was displaced from our home for a few weeks because of a remodeling snafu, and spring hill was there for the rescue. Our family was literally falling apart, and our two week stay has made a real difference in keeping us a unit. I will never forget our stay here, and will chose this hotel anytime we need a place to stay in the future.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hampton, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Xcalibur812,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your most recent stay with us at the Springhill Suites in Hampton, VA. I know that you and your family ran into some snags with construction that was going on in your home, but I am glad that you chose our hotel to be your home away from home. I know that construction work can be stressful and inconvenient. But I am glad to hear how we came to be your new haven during that trying time for you and your family. Please do keep us in mind if you and your family and onyone visiting the you in our area needs a place to stay. It was our pleasure to host all of you and I am glad that you were so pleased with your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope enjoy being back in your own home!

NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with volleyball team for tournament. Staff was mostly accommodating but wouldn't let us keep luggage in storage. Also 3 rd floor hallway was an ice box with a breeze you could feel. Was told they though a guest had their window open but they couldn't enter the room because of a home made (post it note) saying do not disturb. Ridiculous!!! Thankfully room was warm.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hampton, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Phil335:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback at the hotel. I apologize that another guest incovenienced you during your stay. I trust that everything else was just fine with your stay. I do hope that if you have another sporting event or any other reason to visit Hampton that you do choose to stay with us again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

There's a reason the rates were so low at this hotel. The staff had no training. They were incapable of allowing me to pay for the room with a Marriott gift card. When they figured it out, they overcharged me by $29.00. One elevator was broken. The television and Internet was unusable. Channels were on and then off. I've had better dial up Internet. When I reported problems, the staff just said they would see what they could do. Apparently, there was nothing they could (or would) do.

Two days later I called the hotel to get the name of the GM in order to write a letter of complaint. I was given a name and I wrote the letter. Two days after the letter was sent, I got an email from them and the first thing they told me was that the person I was told was the GM wasn't the GM. Instead of refunding my overcharge, they offered points or a free stay. I still don't have my money and never will.

I travel about 40 weeks a year. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mary Elizabeth C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hampton, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Mr. Carl:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay with us. I am currently the new manager at the hotel and have just arrived on scene. Please feel free to reach out to me so that I may try to correct this billing issue to your satisfaction. We value our guests and strive daily to make our guests feel welcome and appreciated. But it seems we fell short. Please give me a call if you like at 757-310-6333.

Delray Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here 10/31-11/5 while visiting family in Hampton. Large, open lobby area made us feel welcome. The king suite was just right for our needs. Indoor pool, and exercise room too! Could use better signage on Power Plant Pkwy. Convenient parking. Breakfast options were excellent. Liked the serving area separate from seating. Would have appreciated a newspaper on the weekend. Very convenient to everything we needed. Coliseum, convention center, food, shopping, interstate, military bases, etc. Will be our first choice for future visits.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

My stay was the worst I have ever experienced! My first room had a bug in the sheets that were in the closet for the pull out bed (I was not using the pull out but moving the sheets to place an item on the top rack) and the floor had not been vaccumed at all and had toe nails and hair everywhere...just nasty.They moved me and my second room was a little better. My blanket, towels and wash cloths ALL felt like sandpaper. My pillows were 4 small half pillows that were worn out full sized pillows that they stuffed in a reg. pillowcase and tucked it in half hence makeing a half pillow. I have never seen that done in a hotel. All of the sheets, towels, wash cloths, handtowels and a top sheet had stains on them and were SO DINGY that I ended up going to buy my own towels and wash clothes. The ws were paper thin and the tv remote didnt work. My advise...don't stay there.
But the 3-11 front desk ladies were very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KDB814
Anthony_S_Hunt, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Hampton, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear valued guest, thank you for taking the time to review the SpringHill Suites Hampton. I am sorry I did not get a chance to speak to you during your stay but as I stated to you the associate and I are working hard to succeed all our guest needs during their stay. I hope the next time your in the Hampton Roads area you give the SpringHill Suites Hampton another opportunity to fulfill your travel needs.
Moseley, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed her on a Saturday for an event. Place was larger than I expected with conference room facilities. Nice, clean room. Breakfast even had eggs as well as biscuits and gravy. Can't complain about a thing. Wish it had a lounge but the Hampton Garden Inn across the parking lot did so no big deal.

Room Tip: Higher up floors where extremely quiet.