“Solid business traveler hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple nights while in Hampton for business. The location was convenient and easy to find. Also, there are countless restaurants nearby to choose from. Check in wasn't especially friendly, but it made up for it by being very fast and efficient. The room was clean and, importantly, very quiet. Breakfast at the restaurant was the normal fare. Overall, nothing special stood out, but it's a solid hotel for business travel. I'll definitely stay there again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thanks for making us part of your business trip. We'll look for you next time you come to Hampton.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Excellent! Clean, comfortable, quiet. I would highly recommend this hotel. The beds are extremely comfortable! I was not familiar with the area as we we there for a very short stay, (a funeral) but we look forward to returning on a pleasure trip. The staff was very accommodating. All that I look for in a hotel, was fulfilled.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I wish you could have joined us under better circumstances, I'm happy to hear that your stay was comfortable and we look forward to seeing you when your leisure schedule brings you back to Hampton.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Hampton Virginia near Williamsburg and the greater Norfolk area is the last bastion of travelers sanity prior to engaging the highway systems and agressive traffic. I found this hotel to have new high quality beds and superb room furnishing, It has a no pressure restaurant that gets the job done without high cost. Great staff

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thanks for your review. I'm glad to hear that you were able to take sanctuary with us before braving the Virginia highway system. I hope to see you again further down the road.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel was reasonably priced. It was located near the Convention Center and Colosseum. There were plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. The hotel was clean and friendly. I'd definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your experience. We are pleased to have had the opportunity to host you at HGI and wish you safe travels. We hope to see you back in Hampton soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn in Hampton, Virginia, was a wonderful place to stay. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Rooms were nice and clean. Convenient parking. Close to many great restaurants in the area. Lobby was beautiful. Good Happy Hour too!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in Hampton. I hope to see you again next time you're in Hampton Roads!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Service was efficient, as was the breakfast. The lobby and other amenities were spacious and light filled. Rooms clean, Internet free and quick enough at least. Pool and hot tub appeared quite nice. Good looking weight room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and hope your meetings were productive. We'll look for you next time you're in Hampton.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

First nasty Hilton Garden Inn. As I require a heating blanket I was disgusted to find that behind the bedside tables and under the headboard was filth left from months of neglect. It has not seem a vacuum in a long time. Ick!
Front desk did not know where the tourist office was located.
Night 4 we rented a movie as the fire alarm went off for a long evening of noise. My husband was so stressed by the noise that he had to sit in the bathroom with the door closed.
In the morning my husband took his suitcase out of the cupboard and along came a cockroach.
Only compensation was the cost of the movie.
We moved on the Garden Inn in Florence. Magnificent and clean, what a wonderful change. Perhaps the manager of the Coliseum location should see how it should all work to please the guests.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We strive to ensure that every guest has a fantastic stay in Hampton. Clearly this was not the case for you.
I am sorry that the fire alarm disrupted your movie watching experience. I understand that this can be very unsettling. It certainly isn't something we prefer to occur and, when it does, we do our best to resolve the situation as rapidly as we can within the confines of the law.
I have also shared your observations with my management team and they have addressed the issues you noted in your room. Likewise, our exterminator has inspected your room and sees no evidence of insects in the room either, so it appears to be an anomaly.
As I said, you clearly did not enjoy the experience you were hoping for and for that I offer my most heartfelt apology. If we can do anything to provide you with satisfaction please do not hesitate to contact our management team. I assure you that we will do whatever it takes to resolve the situation.