“Enjoyable, clean & quiet”

Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Thomasville, North Carolina
“Enjoyable, clean & quiet”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Arrived at Hilton Garden Inn on Monday at approximately 5pm, check-in was simple & easy. Beautiful lobby and decor. Our party booked two adjoining rooms, 3rd floor was quiet and we never heard a peep the entire two days. Breakfast buffet was offered on site for $8.95 adults. I did not eat the breakfast but family said it was okay. Cracker Barrel was right around the corner, you will be near many types of restaurants. convenient location. There was an indoor pool and hot tub but we did not visit. The business center was accommodating, in room internet connection was perfect. Water gets really hot & the bath tub can be slippery. Safe and secure property, called down to front desk and answered questions expeditiously. King-sized bed was clean & comfy. Pleasant experience & would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is always a delight to hear from our guests. I am glad to know that your stay was an enjoyable one and I hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Arabic first
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Working with Stephanie Poteet was easy. This social had to be organized quickly and she made it easier for me when she said just "tell me what you want for food". All the food items were ready on time and were excellently prepared. What was to be hot, was, throughout the evening. I was surprised at the quality of the food as it is rare that every item is so well prepared. Stephanie stayed throughout the social and made sure things went smoothly. Expect that I will try to make this type of social an annual event at your place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thanks for making us part of your tournament. We enjoyed hosting your event and look forward to doing it again. Stephanie and her team stand ready to make your next reception a delightful experience.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Lobby was under renovation in Nov. 2012, causing for disruptions, but otherwise the property meets all the basic standards of an HGI. Well-kept rooms with plenty of outlets, standard business center and dining room. Good location for access to the coliseum and AFB.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. As you noted, we are indeed working on some upgrades to our lobby and dining areas during the winter months. We hope you will return to experience the new look and feel of our hotel the next time you are in Hampton.
hampton,VA
Reviewed November 7, 2012

If you are planning a special party or celebration, this is the place to go! Recently, I had a special birthday celebration for 42 guests in the Mill/Salt Ballrooms at the Hilton Garden Inn in Hampton,VA. The service was outstanding! My guests were served Chicken Marsala, Sesame Encrusted Salmon, herb roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, rolls and a tasty salad. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the banana pudding was also delicious! I requested that it be served in special glass containers. The food was mouthwatering, succulent and seasoned to perfection! I also liked the way the five large round guest tables were adorned with white linen tablecloths and napkins and special centerpieces. I was allowed to add my own special decorations to provide a warm and cozy atmosphere. Special thanks to Rita Mahoney, Stephanie Poteet, Linda Menendez (server) and Nicole Spragon (Food and Beverage Manager) for their professionalism, dedication, and hard work in coordinating this event and taking the time to address all of my questions and concerns. Needless to say, I was very PLEASED with the excellent service that I received. My out of town guests were also pleased with the hotel service that they received during their overnight stay at the hotel.
I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!
Marilyn H

Room Tip: I am rating the hotel based upon the service I personally received during my birthday celebration, h...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of your celebration. It was a pleasure to host you. We wish you a happy birthday and a year filled with joy and happiness and we look forward to hosting your next event.
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Recommended by friend at Langley AFB and did not disappoint. Hotel has brand new look and feel. Front desk staff very friendly and organized at check-in and check-out. Easy drive to Langley and Norfolk Airport.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted to hear that your stay was a good one and we can't wait to host you again next time you are in Hampton.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the hilton garden inn recently. One of the gentlemen at the front desk was just absloutly rude. I believe his name was matt or mike or something like that. Suppose to be a supervisor..... He payed more attention to what he was doing on the computer and who he was talking to on the phone than me, THE GUEST. I am sorry but I feel like, being a paying guest, I should not have to hear all of your personal business. I had called from my room to see if I could get something and when I came down, he was nowhere to be found. I called out hello and still, nothing. Finally I hear him say "I have to go, there is a guest." I just find it very rude.

On a brighter note, Everybody else on the staff was great! The bartender knew what he was doing, the food tasted great, and the quality of my room was great. Props to housekeeping for making my room look amazing.

I was just very upset about my experience with this gentleman.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that your overall experience was a positive one. Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you had at the front desk. I am sorry that you were not made to feel as though you were a priority for our staff. I assure you that this is absolutely not the case. At the Hilton Garden Inn we take guest satisfaction very seriously and strive to ensure that each guest feels welcome and appreciated.

My Front Office Manager has already addressed this situation and I can assure you that you will not experience the same issues during your next stay with us. We look forward to hosting you in the future.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed in a number of hotels in the Hampton and Newport News area. I picked this hotel, which cost a bit more than some very comparable hotels, because it had an indoor pool and hot tub. There are several hotels nearby that cost less with an indoor pool, but none with a hot tub.

I was disappointed to find the hot tub out of service when I stayed at the hotel. The reason I chose this hotel over the others, and paid a few bucks more, was so I could enjoy the hot tub. I guess there can always be maintenance issues at any hotel on any given day, but if I knew that the hot tub was out of service, I would have probably picked another hotel.

The hotel was clean and the room was modern and spacious. And it has a convenient location (although some other hotels are closer to the Town Center complex. I just wish the hot tub was working.

Also, they don't have any soda machines. And the lobby shop was completely sold out of soda when I arrived. A small matter, but I would prefer to pay a bit extra for a soda from the vending machine rather than have to drive down the street to the convenience store.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize for the issues with the hot tub and pantry area. I am pleased to report that both problems have been corrected and will meet your expectiations next time you are in the area.
Thanks for staying with Hilton Garden Inn!