“Enjoyable stay - would return if in area again”

Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Augusta, Georgia
“Enjoyable stay - would return if in area again”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were in Hampton for a convention and choose the HGI to stay at. Our 3 night stay was uneventful (that is a GOOD thing), no complaints. Hubby fell in love with the Herman Miller chair.

The A/C worked well- which was no small feat with the temps into tn 100's nd het index was edging near the 120* mark. I know other, much pricier hotels were having A/C problems (we were there for a dinner and suffered through it).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Xntric630:

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hampton during your conference. I can not thank you enough for taking the time out of your day to write a review. Our team works very hard to ensure our guests receive the best service while in town for business or pleasure. We want to be your only choice for lodging when in Hampton!

Thank you for your business and loyalty. We hope to see you back "HOME" at the Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, it would be our pleasure to serve you again!

Christi Moran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Arabic first
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stay here weekly. However, when I first visited, the staff already treated me as if I was a repeat customer. Christy, the manager, is always willing to address issues. She approaches the customers with a friendly smile and positive attitude . If you are disappointed with anything at all, the staff will fix it. The breakfast staff and front desk are welcoming and responsive. The bed is comfortable and the temperature is easily controlled. Room service doens't always have what's on the menu, so either the menus need to be updated or the kitchen should be stocked. Each time I've stayed, the kitchen is conistently out of the same items. I haven't reported that, but will. Don't let that sway you, it's a great, friendly, clean and well-priced place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear wemakesix:

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to us and we strive to make every customer comfortable during their stay. We know that many of our travelers spend a lot of time away from the comforts of home and family, so we make it our goal to treat our customers as our family.

We are in the process of changing our room service menus. The focus of our menu will be on FRESH. Fresh soups, salads, sandwiches, and pastas. This accompanied with some of the favorites that guests can expect from staying at a Hilton Garden Inn so please stay tuned! Please contact me directly and we would love to have you as part of our tasting!

Thank you again for your support and wonderful praises. We will always have room for your at the Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central.

at your service,
Virginia
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I recently attended the Hampton Jazz Festival and had the opportunity of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, which is located on Power Plant Pkwy. My husband is a member of Hilton Honors due to business travel. This membership allowed us points to stay at this Hotel free of charge, but even if we had to pay the nightly fee, we would have. It is well worth it. We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay. I would reccomend this Hotel to anyone. The service personnel was excellent and most efficient. We will stay there again whenever the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mamamitch
Christi_Moran, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, July 1, 2011
Dear mamamtich:

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to write a review for the Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central. I read your review aloud to our associates in the morning meeting. I can not thank you for your kind words, and we would love to have you back at "home" with us the next time you should find yourself in our area.

Thank you very much for your business!

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Hotel was great... My first time staying in one of the Hilton hotels... I was expecting more, but it was comparative to Marriott's same line... The room was definitely clean, internet was free, and breakfast was offered for a small fee downstairs. The only negative thing about my stay was that there was burn imprint from an iron in the middle of the carpet as soon as i walked in the room. It just took away from the feel of the place...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Christi_Moran, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Dear CastRohman:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! I have researched your dates of stay, and based on your city location, I have pinpointed your room. I am working with the Chief Engineer on property to replace that area of carpet you referred to in your review. I apologize that inconvenience took away from the otherwise great experiences you had while at our property.

The entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Hampton is commited to providing an exceptional customer service experience and a problem free stay. I have shared your comments in our morning "huddle" and have stressed the importance of being "Right on Time." This means reporting all deficiencies as soon as possible.

Please contact me directly when you find yourself back in the area, and I will ensure your stay is a completely memorable experience.

Thank you very much for your business and I hope to hear from you soon!

Hilton Garden Inn Hampton
757.310.6323 ext 7601
Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This was my first time staying at this HGI and did so due to a collegue already booked at this location. We stayed for two nights in early December. I have stayed at other HGI's nearby (Newport News and Suffolk) and for the most part this property meets those and typical standards set by the chain.

I utlized the fitness center and was pleased with the quality of eqiupment and the space available. Indoor pool and hot tub also looked very nice. Front desk staff on both occasions were professional and friendly.

Room quality was nice and I slept very well both nights. Flat screen TV's in living area and bedroom. Neutrogena products in bathroom.

The one thing that really shocked me was the breakfast service. As just mentioned in a review prior, the available selection seemed barebones compared to the above mentioned HGI's. The staff, from the cook who did not seem to be even there, to the uninspired waitress, did not impress. This place was not busy and I had to ask for a plate...then moments later a bowl. I did request two eggs over medium, the received 3 that were barely cooked. I told my collegue that this was an odd occurance for an HGI, and as a fellow Diamond member...he agreed. Oh well, surely this is just an off day.

Unfortunely, the next day proved to be the same futile experience as once again the selection was identical, the eggs..undercooked, and the staff just as complacent as the previous.

One of the few bright spots in staying at a HGI for me is the breakfast. The contrast of this properties breakfast service compared to others was such that I will probably not return and choose one of the other locations nearby.

(one more tip for housekeeping: When someone leaves you a nice tip and something like "have a nice day" on a note....maybe you should write something like "Thanks" back. It might get you a tip the next day since the person knows you appreciated it)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
HiltonGardenInnPHFHC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, March 24, 2011
Dear Sw0rdfish:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay here at our Hotel. I want to start off by saying THANK YOU for the great comments about our rooms, Front Desk Agents, and fitness center. We have a gorgeous property and many great associates that help us maintain an excellent product and services for our guests,owners, and for Hilton Worldwide.

However, I want to personally apologize for your experiences in our restaurant for breakfast. As you can see, the hotel has always had opportunities in this area. We provide all of the standard items that are required through our brand. I took your comments about the surrounding Hilton Garden Inn’s breakfast operation, and my Food and Beverage Manager and I took a little field trip. We are set up a little different as far as food preparation and space then the two you mentioned, but took many great best practices from those hotels to implement in ours! We have also taken a lot of time to hire and train the associates we have on staff today. If our associates are knowledgeable, comfortable, and happy in their jobs; they can do a wonderful job of taking care of guests like you and keep them coming back!

I welcome you back to our hotel when your travel plans require you to return back to the Hampton area to experience a memorable stay! I can be reached directly at 757.637.7360 and would be honored to handle your reservation.

Warminster
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I've stayed at this HGI before with positive results. Today I was very disappointed with their attempt at breakfast. Scrambled eggs and bacon, muffins, breads, and mixed fruit. That was about it. No additional hot options. I had to request oatmeal. They didn't have any yogurt or much else out. Everything was self serve. I even had to track down the attendant to pay the bill. This is what I would expect from a Hampton Inn, not HGI. Overall, the room and hotel are very nice otherwise. I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
HiltonGardenInnPHFHC, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
kmq102:

My name is Christi Moran, I am the General Manager of the Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central. Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with our Hilton Garden Inn. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

We are always striving to improve our product and our service, and customer feedback is the most important part of this process. The Hilton Garden Inn is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance in our Breakfast. I assure you we have made many great changes to better serve our high valued customers, such as yourself. Our Guest Satisfaction Scores for this month and last month, are the highest the property has seen in the Food and Beverage Department. I am very proud of the great strides that our restaurant associates have made. I also appreciate the lovely comments about the hotel and I am very pleased that you would recommend us!

I would love the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Hampton to show you that we can get it right! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you are in our area and I will personally see to it that you receive the experience you deserve from the Hilton Brand.

Christi
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2010

The hotel is elegant, spotless clean from rooms to lobby to dining/breakfast area restrooms, a delight to stay at, and the staff are friendly and very helpful
Conveniently located in the safe Coliseum area, surrounded by shopping malls and tons of restaurants
Their rooms has everything in working order that a traveler need without calling the front desk.
I cannot say enough nice things about this place…and recommend it very highly

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank frankiemo
HiltonGardenInnPHFHC, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this review, August 20, 2010
Dear Frankiemo:

My name is Christi Moran, I am the General Manager of the Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central. I can not thank you enough for taking the time out of your day to post the wonderful comments, from your recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn. I shared your praises to the staff in our "Morning Huddle." I appreciate your busines and I hope the next time you are in our area, you choose to come back HOME to the Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central!

Christi