“Give it a try!”

Hampton, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Give it a try!”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Well worth the trip. With the mixed reviews here, I was hesitant, but so glad we took the chance. Food was excellent, a good value for the money, great presentation. The servers were attentive and prompt. The decor is very tasteful and upscale. If you want quick, mass prepared food do not go there. If you want a meal to remember, visit Baci.

1 Thank tammy l

Newport News, Virginia
“Had a wonderful time”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Ate at baci on August 8th, and had a wonderful time. The weather was nice out so we opted to eat out side. I ordered the Italian ice tea to drink, and it was very refreshing. The special for that night was a seafood dish that consisted of stuffed calamarie, crab and shrimp. It was a lot of seafood for the price and it all tasted,very fresh. The dinner came with garlic knots, and a salad. The garlic knots were very good, not covered in oil like most places.
The live music made the night even better, and I plan on going back. Thank you baci for a great night!!!

2 Thank Elsa240
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Atmosphere Pretty Good, Service....not so much”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We made reservations to celebrate a family member's birthday. We arrived the restaurant was not busy at all, we were quickly seated and drink orders were taken. The drinks were quickly sent back as the "iced tea" they offer is actually instant tea from the soda fountain, it was awful.....went with water. Ordered appetizers, Seafood Trio....it was fresh and good, but the Brushetta left something to be desired. It basically was a white pizza with tomatoes in balsalmic vinegar to add to it....which is fine but definitely not brushetta. My family (party of 8) all 7 of them got their meals (after quite a bit of a time after appetizers, I should note), I did not get my meal. The waitress told me it would be a few more minutes, okay, I waited, and waited, and waited. My family was nearly done with their meal and I was still without mine. So, I looked for my waitress, could not find her so asked another server to send over the manager (who I now think was the owner) I explained my plight to him, he got very upset at the waitress (in front of us) and then she proceeded to tell him that the kitchen FORGOT TO MAKE MY DINNER, but that she thought it was coming out any minute (which it did as they "discussed" this at our table). The manager told me I would not be charged for the dish (thanks since I will be taking most of it to go anyway). Then to top it all off, the dish was "Okay" I ordered the Veal Sorrentino, but the menu and what I got were a bit different. Anyway, the night was still great since we had time as a family to bond over the debaucle that was our evening. I must admit the "lounge singer" was a nice touch, made the time that passed as I watch others eat, not quite so bad! Bottom line.....go somewhere else.

1 Thank Heather M
Va
“Absolutely Loved it!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

This review is for Baci italian returant in hampton, VA. My wife and I went there for our anniversary Friday night. The staff was friendly and we were seated in less than 5 mins! The restaurant was beautiful inside and had a outside eating area as well. Both our meals were delicious and plated very well. I will definitely be taking my wife again sometime soon.

“Very disappointed”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I usually hesitate to write bad reviews unless I am extremely upset with my visit. Came here with my boyfriend because we had found out that Fiorello's has closed and the owner/staff moved to this restaurant. Fiorello's was our favorite restaurant in the area and we always had amazing service there. Baci was unfortunately the complete opposite. We requested a certain waitress and were told she would be working and would be our waitress. When we got there she wasn't there and we got a different waitress. Then about 3 more came up to us asking if we had a waitress yet. It seemed like no one knew what was going on. Our garlic knots tasted old and hard, barely any flavor. We waited a long time for our food to come out and our food ended up coming out before our salads...? When our salad was brought to the table we were not brought any salad plates/bowls so I ended up grabbing a small plate from another table with no one seated. Our waitress never refilled our water once the whole night. I ordered the ravioli with seafood but I ordered it with a different sauce. My dish came with the wrong sauce so I politely told the waitress and expected a new dish with the sauce I had asked for. My dinner never came and when I asked the waitress she said she thought I didn't want a meal anymore. She was foreign so it could have been a language barrier miscommunication but I was very upset. My boyfriend finished eating before I was ever brought a new meal. Even when I was brought my meal, there was no scallops or shrimp in the dish like the description had said. At this point I was so hungry I just decided to eat it anyways and not even say anything until I was done. At this point our waters were still never refilled. We were so upset with our visit that we asked to speak with the manager/owner who ended up offering to pay the difference on our bill. (We were paying partly with a groupon) And that's the only reason I gave this place 2 stars was because the owner tried to apologize and help fix it. But we will not be returning. We are also very upset that Fiorello's is gone :(

1 Thank Kayley H