“Great Food & Service”

Baci Ristorante Italiano
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Fiorello's closed on or about May 31st 2014...but you can still get the same quality food in an updated atmosphere at Baci Ristorante Italiano in the Peninsula Town Center, 5101 Kilgore Avenue in Hampton VA. I'm sure the new owners Antonio (of Tuscany's) and Jack (of Fiorello's) will make this place an instant success. Enjoyed our dinner, with friends Julie Pugh and Andy Johnson at the new Baci (Kiss in Italian). Antonio greeted us in a very courteous customer friendly way. He not only introduced himself before we were seated, but came by the table two times to insure everything was to our liking, prepared and served properly. We had a very enjoyable dinner, the service by our waiter Sonny was great. He made several suggestions that were not on the menu, and they were great recommendations. We will definitely make this new restaurant one of our favorites...

1  Thank JimDeg

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We went to Baci with a large group of 10 a few weeks ago and everyone had very good meals. My parents ordered a seafood pasta in a lemon butter sauce and they gobbled it up! I had the chicken scampi and I'm not too sure what everyone else ordered but overall, our table was quite pleased with the service and food! We definitely want to go back to try the Sunday brunch.

1  Thank Joanne C
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This was the worse food I've had in years and probably the worse Italian I've ever had. The salad was drowning in oil and vinegar dressing, so much so that it was like a soup. The veal Marcella was so bad I couldn't eat it, I left the restaurant hungry. The veal was rubbery and the pasta was severely over cooked and the Marcella sauce was very watery. For this meal and two domestic beers I was charged $28.00 and waited 45 minutes. I can honestly say I left the restaurant pissed and hungry. I'm not going back and I don't recommend you use this restaurant either.

1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our group of six agreed on Baci and were pleased with the results. I had the lasagne and a salad. Both were good. A great, reasonably-priced, glass of Chianti was a welcome addition. No one had room for dessert, as the portions were generous. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable, even offering to split the check for us. Easy access, easy parking and worth a visit.

1  Thank ace4444
Reviewed June 22, 2014

we eat out often. Today, we took the entire family, 10 of us, out to brunch. We had decided to try Baci and made reservations earlier in the week. Reservations were definitely not necessary - the place was almost empty. And now that we've been there, I understand why. The brunch was $15.99 per person. They charged us $7.99 for a 3-year old. And full price for a 12 year old. We were seated promptly and immediately brought a couple baskets of bread. Each basket had 3 rolls - we thought they were garlic rolls, but they tasted like premade rolls with garlic butter on top. They were not even warm. There were 3 pieces of bread in each of the two baskets. But that's not a problem, because after one bite, we didn't want any more. They then took our drink orders and we proceeded to the buffet. There were scrambled eggs with cheese on top. That was the ONLY egg dish. There was no bread at all, no bagels, no rolls, no toast, NO bread. The fruit consisted of sliced melon - that was it. This is the height of fresh fruit season. There was a Farmer's Market set up outside. No strawberries, no blueberries, no pineapple, nothing but sliced melon. There was no salad. There were two kinds of puff pastry - that was it for the dessert options. There was no carving station. There were some warming dishes with food - mixed veggies, fish, roasted potatoes, a couple sizes of pasta with a little sauce, maple flavored sausage, bacon, spaghetti pie - now that was something. Smushed up spaghetti in a pie shape - no flavorings, no sauce, just spaghetti. Everything was luke warm - really not even warm. A man came by our table and asked how everything was. I would not have complained, but he asked. So, I told him all the food was cold. He said some food was meant to be served cold, some was meant to be served warm and if I wanted him to warm it up for me, he'd be glad to do so. Wow - he offered to nuke the food for me. That was really appealing. We will definitely not be returning to Baci's brunch!

1  Thank robinh267