Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hampton, VA
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast room isfree cookiesfamily vacationthe hotel staffpleasant staywe've stayedking roomgreat customer servicebusiness centernight staynewport newsvirginiawilliamsburg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on memorial day weekend. First when we walked into the lobby to check in the lady at the front desk was to busy chatting with the maintenance guy that she literally just ignored us while she laughed and joked with him, finally after 3min or so she said I'll be right with you. It was the most awkward experience we had at any hotel. The rooms were clean, but it was a surprise to find a big huge 1980's TV. no flat screen. That night we went to go into the pool and it was like a small overly crowded water park. There were kids from a basketball team plus guests and they hogged up the pool. My daughter had to sit in the jacuzzi until they left to be able to enjoy the pool, by then I was suffocating of how hot it was in there and could barely see with the heavy chlorine burning my eyes. That night I woke up around 1am to a car alarm going off in the parking lot and it wouldn't stop! I kept hearing it in my sleep..I looked out the window to make sure it wasn't our car but it wasn't. I put he pillow over my head and fell back asleep. The breakfast was decent, can't complain about a free breakfast and it was clean but we were bombarded by the basketball team again and then there were no tables to sit at. While we were going back to our room we heard the kids running like animals in the halls. We noticed that we forgot our toothbrushes and toothpaste at home and went down to front desk to ask for any extras and they gave us toothbrushes but ran out of toothpaste and no mouthwash finally she found one small envelope of toothpaste for all of us.
Then the next evening I wanted a cup of coffee since I was tired after coming back from a long day at Busch Gardens and my husband went to the lobby to look for some and asked the front desk and they said they only supply coffee in the morning? really? most of the hotels I've stayed in have coffee in the lobby 24hrs? Also one day around 11am I looked out the window to see the weather and we saw a man smoking a crack pipe right by the dumpster. it was scary so we felt a little unsafe when we came back to the hotel at night. The area itself is ok, but once you go up the road it's not that great. Overall the hotel was clean and we slept well, the breakfast was what you expect from a continental breakfast, if your looking for an affordable hotel just to sleep then you may like this one. On Monday when we were leaving the new front desk lady was super nice greeted us and was very friendly with a smile very welcoming too bad we were leaving.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
niravdpatel26, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hampton, VA, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

I am really sorry for your experience. Please call me at the hotel, I would like to discuss further so I can investigate the situation. Thank you.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This was our first stay at Country Inn & Suites and we were totally satisfied. It was a very busy weekend at the hotel but we were treated with professionalism and all employees were very friendly and pleasant. The room was large and clean. The only drawback to my husband was that the rooms didn't have flat screen TVs. That didn't bother me one bit considering everything else made for a positive experience. We will return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hampton, VA, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I will share this with our staff. Please come see us anytime, we are here for you. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This was my third time staying at a Country Inn and Suites but my first time at this location. It is a clean, quiet and well decorated hotel. The breakfast featured hot waffles and the staff kept the area clean and stocked. Also the front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. This hotel is a great value for the money. Regrettably, I had to stay at a different hotel the second night...it was lousy compared to Country Inn.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Rooms were so nice and clean! Staff very friendly and helpful, pool and whirlpool was very relaxing!! Would definitely stay there again!! Hot breakfast was great and kitchen staff was very friendly, Great atmosphere!! Would recommend to all my friends and family!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
niravdpatel26, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hampton, VA, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your kinds words. I will share this with our staff. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you.